So what to leave you all on? I have had the thoughts of this post swirling around in my head for a while, but have had no time to execute them, so here goes. (Let me make a disclaimer: this is in no way to make it appear as though my children are perfect and that I am blind to anything negative about them- trust me, these little ones can make me crazy on a multiple-times-a-daily- basis. But this good stuff- this is the stuff I don't want to too quickly forget, so with that said... =)
I have been realizing lately as these little ones just keep growing and growing at a faster and faster rate, how bittersweet it is. Sure a part of me wants them all to stay little forever, but I think an even bigger part of me is loving every second of learning about who these little ones are becoming as their own little person. Lately I feel like with each passing day I am learning more and more about who my children are. I wanted to jot down some of observations.
Such a cute little mess!
Hannah Grace:
My sweet, sweet first born. I see her running around my house and think "Where has my 'cute' baby girl gone, and who is this beautiful little lady fluttering about?" She has just really blossomed over the past several months ( I really hate to use the word "blossomed" as I think it is a 10 on the cheese scale, but I can't think of a better option, so forgive me). I noticed it first in her voice. She was losing her baby sounding voice and it was replaced by a mature little girl's voice. She's thinned out all over- not a trace of baby fat left on her, and she has this distinct gracefulness about her. Her character traits reek through her every action. She is a nurturer for sure- always making sure everyone is taken care of above and beyond. She loves to job shadow me =) and now says before I even get a chance to "...I worry about Hannah?" when she knows I am going to tell her to let me take care of situations with the other little ones running around here. We've seen the nurturing side of her since she was very little, but one thing I have been seeing more and more is that she has the gift of encouragement. She is always cheering everyone on. When I sport a dress before Sunday morning church, she never forgets to tell me I look beautiful. She tells Bennett he is doing a great job as he scribbles with markers on a blank page. Even if I pull a batch of cupcakes out of the oven she is right there to tell me how good I did (even if she can't reap the benefits of them =) She is never short on kind words. I just know that is something everyone can appreciate about her as she continues to grow. She is a great little singer and is my creative one- very right brained- she loves all things artsy craftsy and I love to see what her creative little mind comes up with. She is (for the most part, of course=) such a gentle soul.
Intense Bennett =)
Bennett:
Ah, Bennett, how special of a son! One thing that has stood out to me majorly about Bennett lately is I am learning what a gentleman that boy is!!! The other night, I was trying to get the drawer under the oven with baking sheets open and it was stuck. He immediately jumped out of his chair and said "I get it for you mom, let me try". He always gets the door for me and jumps at giving a helping hand with an enthusiastic "Here go!!!" If you were to bonk heads with Bennett, he always worries about you and if it hurt you more than he is worried about his own head =) (it's the little things, right?) I think he is going to be, for lack of better terms, the "life of the party". He's fun and funny. But the main reason I say that is because he has the ability to make something fun all on his own. He is my most social child (so far) but yet, he doesn't really need someone there to make him comfortable or to have fun. While he loves company, he always seems content to do his own thing, not really needing to lean on anyone else. I think he is going to have some definite leadership qualities. While Hannah Grace tends to be a little lost without someone to take her under her wing, Bennett is different in that aspect. He is a very quick learner and always has been- you tell him something once and he knows it from then on. The kid does not miss a beat. There is never a dull moment with Bennett and he like his older sister, has a big big heart.
Haha. It all starts well enough...
Sadie:
So this is a little harder with my Sadie pie, just given that she is still so young and the things I mentioned about the older two are like I said, things that I am just continuing to learn as they get older. But if I were to make some early assumptions about Sadie, this is what they would be. She is a little spitfire! Sweet as pie, but ready to hold her own. I don't think she will ever lack the ability to stand up for herself. I could very easily see her becoming "sassy Sadie". She is happy as can be, and incredibly laid back, but don't let that fool you into thinking you can pull one over on her. She is a girl who knows what she wants and I think as she gets older she won't be afraid to go after it with full determination. She loves hustle and bustle and really functions best when on the go. I also think she is very observant and at ten months I am amazed at how well she is mimicking things we say to her and show her. Who knows, she may change a lot in just a few short years, but if I were to venture a guess that's what I would say about Sadie. One thing is for sure, she is one loved and loving baby girl and seems to not mind life as "the baby"=).
So this is really more of a keepsake for me, than good reads for you-Hopefully having these thoughts in writing will help capture who these little ones are at these incredibly fun ages. Again, while I love seeing them grow and change and can't wait to see who they continue to become, I don't ever want to forget how they are in these short-lived, sweet moments.
And now-back to tackling that to do list.









1 comment:
So sweet. Thank you for keeping Papa and I up on all the "little" things. Can't wait for you to arrive. We are soooooooooooo excited as well. This has been a wonderful summer with all the munchkin's, last week,Sidney,Ella Jane, Khylie, Deano, and Lola so far. This coming week? Hannah, Bennett and Sadie Jane, and Olivia too. What better blessing could we hope for that all these healthy, happy and loving little people around us. Love you all, Nina
Post a Comment