Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Not So New Year! (And A Lot of Thoughts)

Wow! First post of the new year... only 17 days in! Looks like I'm off to a great start ;-). Sarcasm aside, it has been a great start to this new year. 2011 ended kind of crazily and strangely for me, if I were going to be completely honest. That said, I feel like in 2012 things are already getting a bit more back on track. I have had a lot on my heart and a lot on my mind. I have had some emotional ups and downs, which is unusual for me- I feel like I usually try to sail through things pretty smoothly. It has been a tough and good lesson though. I'm not always "pulled together" and facing the reality of being a "mess" is often the only thing that will truly and whole hearted-ly humble me at the feet of God. What better way for me to start a new year in our family than in reliance on His strength, fully aware that mine is fully inadequate.

I am so excited to see what is in store for 2012. Hannah Grace will start Kindergarten, we have lots of fun things planned for the year, and I am praying I will soak up every minute of these fast growing little squirts! 

 (Last Husker game, the Capital One Bowl)

I am so happy to have another year ahead to share with my husband, who so graciously loves me more than I deserve every. single. day. He sees me step up to bat, fall short, strike out, try again.... Whether he sees me giving it my best, or utterly failing, he stands by me and loves me just the same. And I am grateful for him. What more could a girl ask for. 



I am hoping God will grow friendships for both Ryan and I this year. That is something so easy for me to put on the back burner because I love being with my husband and family so much, but I am realizing those relationships are and will continue to be important for us both. 



Over the next year, I want to train myself to be more intentional with my time. I am growing to despise my many distractions. Time is so precious and little in these busy days of young children, I want to focus on spending it well. I want to spend less of my day frustrated and more of my day thankful.
I want to serve. I want to step out of myself and what is easy. I want my life to look more different as a Christ follower. In what specific ways that will be are still unknown to me, but I want to be used. Inside my home and outside it's walls as well. 



So no "resolutions", per se, for the new year.... I don't like to make promises I know I can't keep ;-)... just some general thoughts and goals and lots of anticipation for what is to come. Oh and a lot of thankfulness...





3 comments:

linda said...

We seriously think alike... but I need to travel to experience the moments of all the little ones in my life... bummer... but I too am wanting to step out and be challenged and grow in many directions for Jesus. Love you

Anonymous said...

LOVE this post, Stephanie! Can't wait for lunch :)

linda said...

Love the new heading... you did good!