Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Man of The House

... turns 27 tomorrow! Whew, I can't believe it. Can't believe we're already there, and can't believe we're only there! I can't believe 11 years later, I have this wonderful life and 3 awesome kiddOs with that boy that toted me around every where after he got his license (my chauffeur, right Ry? ;-) Ryan likes to tease saying that my closest girl-friend at the time and I only used him as our chauffeur when we were younger-- I'd say it paid off for him, no? Haha!

Even though his birthday isn't until tomorrow, we kind of celebrated the last couple days. Thursday night we "celebrated" with the kids as a family. When I say celebrated I really mean he opened a present that the kids about drove me to a new depths of insanity over  helped me pick out and had cupcakes. The kids had some great ideas when I asked them what we should get daddy for his birthday. Bennett's was an "army game" and Hannah's was to "go to the Memphis Tigers" (if they were playing in town that may have been a viable option!) I asked them their opinions and then didn't take either of them, haha,-see Ryan, you're not the only one I do that too! =) They were pretty excited to celebrate daddy's birthday and Hannah Grace even knew how old he was  turning without us telling her 1st.


 They sang a beautiful rendition of "Happy Birthday", heh.


 Then last night, we were fortunate enough to celebrate with just the two of us. Grandma and Grandpa Braithwait were generous enough to take the kids for overnight, so we could enjoy dinner and a quiet house and, gasp!, a morning all to ourselves! It was strange and wonderful. Some of you may hate cheesy oozy lovey stuff on here, and I try not to go overboard =) but honestly, can I just say I am so thankful for this man and love him so much! I was telling the girls on my girls night the other night, I am more satisfied and happy in my marriage now than ever. (I have always been very happy in our marriage!) I just say that to say, I DO NOT take for granted the fact that every day, no matter what ups and downs we are riding, God reminds me,  daily, that I am married to the man He intended for me. That alone gives me a deeper and deeper appreciation for my marriage. And I feel blessed that not only do we love each other and are committed to each other, but we actually like each other- a lot! We no longer see marriage through rose colored glasses. We know what state so many other marriages are in that we both tell each other often how thankful we are for our marriage. We actually had someone stop us in the hall at church last Sunday to tell us how nice it was to see a couple walking through the halls smiling at each other. I share that, not to put on a false pretense that we are perfect (heck no, far from it) but just another instance where I realize my gratefulness for my husband. He is pretty special.

Happy Birthday to the best husband and dad this girl and these kids could ask for. 
You mean the world to all of us! 

3 comments:

Erica B said...

You left me hanging!!! What was the present?!

Stephanie said...

Ha, I prob left that detail out bc it wasn't very exciting! Jut some new shirts. I had taken the kids with me to pick them out and I was contemplated bribing a sales associate to let me leave them there ( kidding, sort of :) can't wait to read about your trip to Disney next week!!!

Linda said...

Yes, time passes way too fast. You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful blessing of happiness and yet live in reality too! Happy Birthday Ryan. We love you bunches and bunches and even more!