Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hooray For Husker Game Day!

First, I have to start this post with a Happy Birthday to my mom! I love you mom and hope you have the wonderful day you deserve!
Also, with this being a football post- I would like to just put this out there- my oldest nephew started high school this year and is playing football (center) for his school team. It breaks my heart that we can't be there at games to root him on, but I want him to know we are so proud of him!! We love you Tyler!

So with that said...

GO BIG RED! These are the three little words Ryan has been working so hard at getting our two year old to say over the last 2 months. Well the countdown has ended and the time is here... college football.. well more accurately- NEBRASKA college football! Nebraska Red runs deep in the veins of the Braithwait family. Me- I just married into it =) But none the less we will carry on the tradition and ingrain it in our children I'm sure =) Ryan's Grandma Gerri is the most fun to watch games with- she has all 80 pounds of her 70+ year old body jumping up and down and yelling (if you think I'm being dramatic, you are sorely mistaken!) We are such devoted followers, in fact, that we switched our entire television service over from cable to DirecTV just to have the ability to order the first three games on PayPerView that were not offered on cable. Yes- a whole years worth of television switched for three Saturday's of the year, haha, but it was worth it, satellite is cheaper anyways (and better customer service if you ask me!) so it's a win-win I guess ;-).
So this past Saturday we had Ryan's family over to watch the game- we had made our yearly order of Nebraska garb, which this year was only t-shirts- even for the kids (I think I will hold off until next year to get Hannah Grace a cheerleader outfit, they are not cheap! And the t-shirts just seemed more practical and will get more wear)so- we got them all dressed in their Cornhusker tees and made some lunch and watched some football!! (Well some of us did more football watching then others =) I try, honestly... well maybe it's more honest to say I HAVE tried!!! But I just can't sit for that long and I have always found football a hard game to follow- I never know where the ball is until I see people piling on top of each other!) But I still think the whole thing is just fun, and I love any excuse to have people over and have food! So hey, here we go with the win-win again!

And speaking of winning, that's just what we did... I guess according to the guys, we aren't looking as good as we should, but hey starting the season with two wins is better than some of the years past! Especially for us non-experts- all that matters is that you win in the end, right? It doesn't matter how you get there, the outcome is all that counts =)

So since I didn't watch much (if any) of the game- I made it my job to take pics of the kids to commemorate the kick off of the football season. It was a fun day and after the girls ( Ryan's mom, Lori, and I) got to go to the Germantown festival! So we got to do some fun girl stuff too =) All in all the day was a great one and I look forward to many more great game days to come... Next year will be baby Bailey's 1st Husker Season!!!



The guys- standing around the TV- this is definitely a guy thing- with sports, it's funny how they gather around the TV despite how many places there are to sit- I guess it's just that intense!




The kids- so sweet, until Bennett tried to gank Hannah Grace's snack cup!

Uncle RJ- He's gonna get Hannah!!!
He got her! (I think she likes it!)
Bennett playing with Grandma Sheila!
And Hannah Grace and Aunt Lori (and Bailey too!)
Uncle RJ and Bennett
I don't think they really cared about watching the game either =) Maybe someday, right dad? ;-)

Bennett looks satisfied with that play.

These were just daddy playing with Hannah later that night and I thought they were too cute, so I had to include them =)

Daddy and his kids- I love them all so much!

No comments: