Thursday, December 17, 2009

Something Sew New

I have talked to several people about my newest fun little hobby of sewing. I am nowhere close to being a master seamstress yet (haha) but I am loving learning this!!! This post is really for the few of you that have asked me about the diaper bags I have made (you all know who you are ;-) I decided I wanted to learn to make some diaper bags since I have so many friends and family having babies. I was so excited that I had an excuse to make one for myself as a "test run" so that I know it would be gift giving worthy!



This is mine. It was a good thing I did a test run first!

The inside with pockets.

This was my first thing to make to give someone (you are special Mariet =)
for my friend who will be having a baby boy within the next couple weeks!!!


The second time around was definitely an improvement. Here are the two side by side.

And to give credit where due- these happen to both be Amy Butler fabrics and the pattern is The Diaper Bag by CraftApple.

My next project will be a bag for my mom- but not a diaper bag =) I will branch out and try something different. I will let you know how it goes! I also started a dress for the girls, but it's resting in my pile.I need some help on that one... I will stick to bags until someone can help me with the complicated clothing pieces.

4 comments:

Erica B said...

Oh Steph those look so great! I am very impressed! If you need to ask someone any questions or advice about the dress, my mother-in-law is a sewing expert! Shoot her a message on facebook, I'm sure she would LOVE to help you out!

Jenny Beth said...

hey!! you know i love to sew and would love to show you some super super easy patterns that whip up in no time. perfect for both girls and your little boy.

David said...

Those are beautiful bags! I am SUPER impressed!

Michelle Myers said...

Steph, these are AWESOME! Wow!! How are you learning how to make these???