(Warning: this post was written well past my bed time. Please excuse spelling and grammatical errors or if I make no sense- I'm officially too tired to proof read, thank you!)
Normally, when I have a blogging hiatus these days it is for one of two reasons. Either life is so uneventful that I just don't have much to share, or we are so busy I can hardly snatch up the time to sit and write and load pics.
This time it is the latter. We have had a wonderful past week filled with lots of great things, two in particular I have some pics to share.
Last Monday was a beautiful southern spring day and we took full advantage of it and met some friends up at the park.
Their 1st go at the "big kid" swings. They had to be pushed, but I was jsut glad they clung on to those high backless puppies!
Check him out! Our friend Harrison is only about a month older than Sadie. I'd say he rocked his first time in the swing and seemed to be lovin' it!
Snack break. Scoping out the options, haha.
Feeding the ducks, er... geese. Yeah, pretty sure feeding ducks= good, feeding mean honking geese= not so good. But hey, they didn't seem to mind the difference and no one got pecked.
Sweet girls. Lucy's hat was the cutest =)
Tuesday was a normal day except for packing, and Wednesday I loaded the kids up for a short car trip to go see daddy who was on a work trip to Huntsville. We knew we would miss him terribly for his first whole week away from us, so we planned to meet him down there half way through the week to shorten the week for all of us. He was lonely and I was needing to be a little more lonely =) Ha- I fully confessed I give myself way too much credit. It was tough being here completely by myself for just two days! I know I do it by myself all day everyday, but something about knowing he wasn't coiming home at night made it even more stressful. Hats off to single moms, wow, I don't know how you make it!
We really ahd no agenda for our trip- just wanted to "get away" and wanted our kids to have the experience and practice of being out of their element and comfort zones. Learn how to be on the run (not in the fugitive sense, you know what I mean) how to have to eat out, be confined, have to be quiet even when it's hard, and sleep in other beds. It was all good for them. And good for us to be away together as our family.
While Ryan worked on Thursday we visited with a super sweet friend that has a nine month old and lives in Huntsville. Ryan went to highschool with Suzie and we knew of eachother through him and mutual friends, but have since becoming moms have kept in touch and become friends ourselves. It was a super fun visit and Suzie and Wells were so sweet to let out big crew invade on there house and routine for the day. Thanks again Suzie, I really really enjoyed it!
We were going to head to the space museum but plans changed (as they tend to do with 3 small ones) and we ended up just letting them catch naps in the car and heading to eat at a Mexican restaurant everyone in Huntsville raves about. It was good, and sadly it was almost the only pics we got on the trip.
Poor Ryan went second and we were pushing it by that point. This was about the best I got of him with them.
I did snap these couple- and man, they do my heart good. There was a king bed in the hotel (oh how I wish we had one at home) and it was so fun to all pile in there as a fam and watch a movie. I just think to myself- these are the kinds of moments you remember about growing up together. I am so thankful they have and will always have eachother and are so close together.
So that is how we have spent the past week. It has been a great week that I am very thankful for in lots of ways.
Oh and Hannah Grace wore her cowgirl boots to church on Sunday- check out how cute she looked.
(Sorry about the poor quality, my camera was accidentally set wrong)
And Sadie- I know I didn't really get pics with you at the park, but I should have a whole post of all you coming real soon.
Stay tuned!




2 comments:
so fun to see you having a wonderful time... it does a family good to get away from the norm.... Love the bed pics and Bennet is becoming such a little man! Love those boots Hannah! Love you all so veeeeeeerrry much. Miss you more than you know. Nina
We had such a great time with y'all, too!!! I can't wait for y'all to come back hopefully soon! Your family is absolutely precious, and I loved getting to know them. Thanks again for letting us know you all were in town! Give the kiddos a hug for me!
Post a Comment