Friday, February 25, 2011

Misc.

I'd say about 90% of my life would get stuffed into a giant "Misc" folder. Why would my blog be any different? Here's some this and that from the last week...

Or maybe a couple that go a little farther back... like I didn't mention Ryan and I had a great Valentine's Day!! Ryan made ( yes, Ryan made!!!) this pasta with a vodka cream sauce... YUM!... (recipe here)
 and I made White Chocolate Rasberry Cheesecake for dessert! We had a romantic dinner at home after putting the kids to bed. It was wonderful!

Last night we spent a nice little chunk of the evening like this.....
 Did you know I have very fond memories of being couped up in small places with my siblings, playing in "safe places" while storms roared outside? Maybe that's why I think it's pretty fun to see my kids do the same.
 We didn't lose power, the lantern was more for affect. As Hannah Gracie put it... it was like a camp out. =)
 And after they felt it was safe enough to come out, we found the older two like this....


 They sure are buds!

Our bed seems to be a hot spot lately (haha, I don't mean it how it sounds.... well... you know... anywho). What I mean is that the kids like to hang out in our room, especially for winding down before bed, or when Ryan and I wouldn't mind having our living room TV to ourselves for a bit, we send them in there. Tonight is a big special Friday night with a movie in mommy and daddy's bed, snacks included!


And I have some more to share on the littlest one...
I love her sportin' nothin' but a Onesie (if you haven't noticed) and she loves to put on shoes. Big sissie's tennis shoes just put the cuteness over the top for me.... and then there is all the sass....
 She thinks she's an athelete.... ;-)
 Getting the stretching thing down.


Sass.....a.....frass.... ayayay!

I've been letting her feed herself more often than not lately. She likes to rub her food into her hair (nasty). I told Ryan I think she does this just so she can go get in the tub (she loves her bath!) Well this was confirmed the other day when I gave her a banana at lunch and this is what she did.
The second I set her out of her chair, she stopped fussing and eagerly said "baff!!!" while running toward the bathroom. Seriously? I didn't think my theory was actually true. Hmmm.


And just to make this a little more random...
We took this pic just after the New Year just to show Gigi the girls in their matching dresses she got them for Christmas. I had been meaning to email it to you Braithwait gals and haven't, I saw it on my desktop and am just going to put it on here for you guys!
Excuse the poor cell phone quality. Sweet girls!

My mom is coming in town tomorrow and my dad will come later in the week! We are super excited to see them! It's always a real treat to get some real quality time with them!
So until next time...
Happy weekend!


No comments: