Saturday, February 5, 2011

Daddy Date 2011

Every year, our church puts on a Father/ Daughter dance in February. From what I understand, it's a pretty simple event, but it is brilliant. While daddy's don't need an organized event to take their daughters on a date, I am so thankful they do this to give the dad's a reason to get all decked out and give their little girls (of all sizes =) a reason to make a night of it! Hannah Grace looks so forward to it and I know she will cherish these times for the rest of her life. Sadie will join them too, when she is a little older.

In the few places I actually go (I don't really have the luxury to shop around much) I had been keeping my eye out for fancy dresses. I saw this one at Target and thought it was cute, so I took her back with me to get it. I showed it to her and she was excited about it. Next to it was a puffy pink one that I saw in the corner of my eye and just wasn't going to point it out (since I really liked the blue polka dot one). Then I thought, "I may like this one better, but if I was a four year old little girl wanting to feel like a princess, I guess I just might like the pink one better." So I reminded myself it was her night not mine, and pointed out the big puffy pink one. Girl had no doubt in her mind, that was the one she wanted. And I have to say, she made the right choice, even if she was wearing I'm sure the most popular dress of the night =).

So we dressed her up, and sent them off! Sounded like they had a great time and hit some TCBY up before heading home. 









 She had to practice her twirl before hittin' the dance floor!

 This one (above) makes me teary eyed... it just may have to show up on a wedding slide show, someday!



 Hugs from brother, in his own words... he missed his sister =)
And here's what these two did, haha....


These kids are lucky to have such a great daddy! 
 Father Daughter Dance 2011

3 comments:

Jen said...

So precious!

Anonymous said...

How Beautiful and Handsome. There is really nothing more I could say. Just wipe the tears from my face. ;} xox Nina

Brenda said...

That picture made ME teary-eyed too! So sweet.