Friday, January 28, 2011

I Love My Job

 Sometimes, I write about something just as a filler, to not let myself get out of the habit. Most of the time it's for my own documentation of memories, and other times it's just an outlet. But, every once in a while, I have something I am just excited to share. This happens to be one of those times.

No not exciting news (no baby on the way, ha!) and nothing revolutionary, just a load full of pictures that remind me how much I love my "job". There are so many days when I am wiped out and just trying to survive the day. There are days when I am so stressed and high strung, there is no way I can be the wife or mother I so want to be. Sometimes I wonder if the feeling of being truly rested will ever be attainable. I have a feeling all parents- stay at home or working- can relate. It's not an easy job- there is no clocking out and there are no sick days or paid vacation. But another thing we all experience as parents are those moments that make all the blood, sweat, and tears worth it-and then some! God has created a wonderful, testing, humbling, and sweet thing in parenting.

Yesterday I sat for about an hour and just watched as the four kids (my three + Bailey, Banks was napping) played their little hearts out. I sat on the floor in the middle of them and just  snapped away behind my camera. There was way too much natural light flooding into the house and the kids were having way too much fun to pass up on this perfect opportunity. For me capturing moments like these is food for the soul, and reminds me just how blessed I am to have all these little stink bugs running around me all day long =).












I promise, I do not encourage the frog hat- the kids pull it out and that thing has provided more hours of entertainment, haha!

love.

They were playing house. Hannah was mommy, Bennett- daddy, and Bailey was there kid. The princess "castle" was there home. Apparently it was cold outside and they would take naps in the house, but then would have to put the hat on to go outside to stay warm. Then they would chase circles around the living room and kitchen until it was time to go back "home".


Yes, I do usually enforce a "no running in the house" rule. But what can I say, sometimes some rules just need a little bending, only at momma's discretion of course!
And for me, the joy on these easily amused little KiddOs faces was worth the rule bend-age that was going on.








 Lotta little bodies, little little space!
I have been loving listening in on their imaginative play lately. It of course, sounds so different to me as an adult than I remember it being when I was a kid. I'm sure it's the same for them, but now it sounds so simple and goofy. I remember it being so detailed, so realistic and reasonable. I love to imaginary play with them, but I sure would love to be able to go back to a time when you could just get lost in it again =).
Love the face- to me it says-"I guess someone's got to be the responsible one around here...."

Tucking Bailey in.
Sadie's turn for rest.

 If you've spent fifteen minutes with Sadie any time in the last 8 months, I'm sure you've seen her "love" whatever she can get her hands on.




Yeah... there is no better job!

3 comments:

linda said...

Okay, my turn next to sit with them all day! Love it... there were some pics that I thought Hannah looked ALOT like B. Loved them all!

Lori said...

LOVE IT!!!!! I've gotta get some of those pics from you! I'm so glad you love your "job" because we love the fact that you are so willing to care for our kids and we don't have to worry about whether or not they are taken care of and loved while we're at work! Thanks "Fatty"!!!

Sheri Hogue said...

love this post, Stephanie - you have such a great perspective on motherhood and the VALUE of your very demanding job! :) The pics are just precious . . . where oh where did Sadie get those blue eyes??

Love the pics of Hannah Grace & Bennett check-to-cheek . . .
just so sweet!