Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowin' in Memphis

It's pretty much an annual occurrence. One of the things I love about Memphis actually-- most of the time we get one good "play in" snow a year and that's it. One day to milk it for all it's worth and then have it go away just in time for it to avoid being a nuisance. And when it comes- milk it we do. This year the kids finally lasted long enough to make the hour process of getting doubly dressed worth our while. And you know, there is just something in me that can't pass up on snapping some of those cute snow pics- I can almost smell the snow just looking at them, can't you?
 Sadie's 1st time in the snow. I'd say she liked it more than either of the other's did at her age!

 She even gave eating it a good go!



 Ryan loves to initiate snowball fights. Am I a sissy to admit there are few things I can think of that I hate more than getting pelted in the face with a freezing cold, rock hard snow ball? I try to be a good sport about it, but I am cryin' like a baby on the inside the whole time!! =)






My favorite is building a snowman- HG helped me (for old time's sake). Even though she kindly told me she was going to go inside and watch me finish the snowman from Bennett's window. I went in and got her and made her at least come back out for a picture with me and our snowgirl!






 'Atta boy!
Goodbye snow! Thanks for all the laughs, hopefully we don't meet again until next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there! So much fun with kids. Then there is DAD! Mr. NO FUN! I guess I wouldn't like it either if I was out at 4 in the morning trying to get a tractor to run... what a guy! Love him! And love you too! Momma

Anonymous said...

Pure joy and contentment in these sweet faces.... fills MY heart with joy to see them. xox momma