Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Walking in A Winter Wonderland

My parents were in town last weekend (my mom through the week). It was great to have a Christmas-time visit from them and Saturday night we made another trip to the Alpine Village. It's going to be a sad thing when the day quickly comes that they are too old to enjoy these things like they do now. 
 They were anxiously waiting on daddy to go in. 
 And then, they stepped through those gym doors into their own magical winter wonderland. 
 I initially had the thought I didn't even consider that Sadie would maybe be to young to go into the workshops and do the activities, but man, the volunteers were awesome and so good with helping her, she did everything and loved it all!


 We somehow missed the puppet show last year, so that was a new addition for us and the kids were very entertained.
 Sadie didn't want to leave the reindeer food workshop. She just kept digging in there and dumping into her bag. I literally had to drag her outta there (luckily not kicking and screaming). Oh yeah, and the cookie decorating? Well, lets just say not many of those chocolate chips ever made it to her cookie.
 That pain in the rear fake snow always seems to be the main attraction. They loved it and I loved trying to get  all those flecks of plastic out of their hair, ears, shoes, and everything in between.





 Hannah Grace was to no surprise, very meticulous and precise with all her crafting endeavors. She was always the last one out of the workshop after much toiling over her creations.

 She was in amazement over the shepherd holding the baby lamb. The guy did a great job with it, even I had to remind myself it wasn't a real lamb =)





 When I look at Sadie's pic from last year in the snowman, I really can't believe it and how a year has changed her!!!
 When we got back home that night, the kids opened their presents from Nina and Papa.



Wednesday night was their preschool Christmas concert. 
To not go too extreme on the picture overload I suppose I will save that for another post....

1 comment:

linda said...

Cute pics as always... miss you all so much. Can't wait to see you all again. Love you all, Nina