Thursday, May 23, 2013

Big Stuff

Wow! The last few weeks have been so jammed packed. A last minute trip alone to go visit my parents, a visit from Great Grandma "Gigi", an awesome date night, lots of fun get togethers with family and friends, end of year parties and programs, dance recitals, and a big Kindergarten graduation! Whew.... I am so not used to being this busy but so so many sweet memories and blessings!


I figured I would start catching up on the happenings-- all the "big stuff"-- for our oldest who is showing us just how "big stuff" she is getting!!! Such a little lady this girl is becoming! Raising children is certainly not for the faint of heart, which some days I feel just that ;-), but we are so very proud of this sweet girl!

She had her dance recital last weekend! The gymnastics is not her strong point, but ya'll! I don't know that I realized that she's not half bad at the ballet!!! I was just a little beaming with pride ;-) 
And you know this is going to be picture overload so get ready!






 How cute are they!!!Bailey stopped by for a hair fix and then us girls rode down together to get there early. I'm pretty sure they thought going together just the girls was pretty awesome ;-)


 The cheering section.

 This was her shy smile she gave every time she looked over at us smiling at her!!










 An ice cream cone to celebrate!

 Then there was Kindergarten graduation. I mean did I not just drop her off for her 1st day yesterday!! Wow! How the year flew! :(
 Look at that proud girl (and all those missing teeth ;-)!!
 She was one of many who received the "Good citizenship award" (Good conduct and being kind to others). And also got the award (boy and girl from each class) for PE. I had to laugh... PE of all things... I don't know why, just never would have guessed ;-) 

 I held it together fine through the program. It was after- saying goodbye to her teacher and best friend that I struggled with. She won't be at the same school next year, so it was extra bittersweet. I don't love putting pics of other people's kids on my blog, but honestly I can't not document these girls sweet sweet friendship. Her friend was fighting back tears when they were hugging goodbye and just the thought of it makes me cry (no joke!) I am praying these girls will somehow be able to carry on their friendship.
And a few extra things:

 Kindergarten milestone at church: got her first real Bible-- super pumped about that!!

 End of the year class party! They are always fun ;-)

Another buddy pic from field trip:
They even made it on one of the front pages of the year book together! Hahaha:) (Sorry the pic is too cute not to share!)


The tooth fairy is about to go bankrupt! 
 Sweet princess sisters ;-)
 Hannah Grace, it is such a joy to be your momma! You are caring and sensitive. When your with people you love, it brings out your silly side. You looove all things furry and feathered. You are emotional but (mostly ;) obedient. You want to do right even when it's hard. You are a joy!! We love you!


2 comments:

Brenda said...

I can't believe how big she's getting either!

linda said...

Getting way too big! I think you are spot on, she is definitely a delicate beautiful ballerina !