Monday, June 17, 2013

The Rest of The Beachy Goodness


     Look at these little beach bums, by the last day they looked like they belonged there ;-)
And a nice lady offered to take a pic of the five of us. She was so nice in fact she came over to us about 5 times for random things in a matter of a couple hours. I started wondering if she was going to gank my camera or one of my children or something. Isn't that sad, that's what being a nice stranger gets you in our heads. Horrible, I tell ya! 

 Rewind to day 1. They were so excited be on the beach for the very first time!!

 We quickly discovered Sadie was not a fan of being in the ocean. She spent most of her days in the sand.
 Bennett was the middle of the road. He loved playing where the waves crashed but was a bit fearful of actually going out in the water. Can't say I blame him. HG was our one who loved it!
 we took him out a couple times. He enjoyed it for a bit, but never wanted to stay long.
 Of course Ryan pulled a total dad move and let them both go on the board crashing into shore with waves crashing over their head. Yeah...
 About two seconds later, tears were flowing.

Ryan loved all the pestering he got over his hairy chest when I posted this picture to FB. Sorry babe, it's going on the blog too ;-)

 Obviously sometime before we got there, the tide came high and left a pool of water higher on the beach. Every kid on the beach wanted to do nothing more than play in this one feet deep pool of water. It was a cesspool of bacteria I am sure of it, but eh, c'est la vie.

 Case in point: Sadie thoroughly enjoying the cesspool.


 Beach in the morning, pool in the afternoon with lunch in between was kind of our thang for the 3 full days we had there. The kids of course loved the pool just as much as the beach....

This was the view from our condo.
 We only went out one night while we were there. We took the kids to see Epic. Then we had to go sell a kidney on the black market. Seriously?! Movie and popcorn for our family-$70!!! Insane. I am sure my kids will read this one day and think it's funny that that is a lot.






 Ryan wins beach dad of the year for this one! While they were out in the ocean together, Ryan reached down fast and grabbed this gem! I told him I thought I may have felt a big one too but wasn't brave enough to reach down and grab it. Ha! Kudos Daddy!
 Looks like quite the little beach model here, ha!




 The most chill of our kids fo sho.


 Yeah, this is so Sadie. Just hangin' there in the pool takin' it easy.





we tried to have the kids take a pic of us on the balcony. This was what we got, ha, love it! The last one we were waiting on Sadie for about 5 minutes and as we start laughing at the awkwardness the picture takes.;-)
 Last day soaking it all in!



 Our triceratops. Despite their best efforts at building a fortress wall to protect it from incoming waves, it was not long after taken away with the tide. RIP dino.




 I L-O-V-E these pics of Ryan and Sadie coming back from a little walk. Too too cute.





One more mermaid before we go!
Headed home with a suntan and shark tooth necklace!
Apparently cankles was my beach souvenir! It was nuts! Sun poisoning I guess?
Ah, Sweet cheeks! We were so thankful for a fun and safe trip.... and home!! 

2 comments:

linda said...

So happy you were able to do this! I love all the pics of course! Now another vacation coming soon!

Brenda said...

Eh, salt water is self-disinfecting so don't worry about the cesspool. :) Glad everyone had a good time!