Monday, September 16, 2013

A Li'l But of Catching Up

I have to do it... I am resorting to a "clumped post". Sadie, you will have to forgive your mother pulling a total 3rd child maneuver on you and "clumping" your special 1st day of preschool pics in with a bunch of other smorgasboard ( let's not even go there with the fact that they are [gasp] cell phone pics!!!) 
But you sure do look cute as a button and sooo excited to be rolling off to the 4 year old class at preschool. My baby is growing up. *sniff*
 In other news... Mr.Injury has added a new one to the list....
1st "broken" bone even if it is just a good ol' fracture. What happened you ask? Oh you know apparently "sliding in the house". No, no game winning slide into home on the books for this boy- just his sisters room and poor coordination I suppose. ;-) Maybe someday he will have a cause worthy of the injury ;-)
He sure does make me smile though!

This is how we roll in the mornings to school. I can only imagine the thoughts that go through peoples heads that don't know us and what exactly is going on here. May I say "No this isn't possible, yes I know what birth control is, and no they are not all mine, thank you, and have a nice day...." : D
 Speaking of school-- projects and to dos are already well under way. Above is Bennett sporting as "Baa baa black sheep" (he also had career day in which he chose a farmer to dress up as;-) and below HG is super proud of her mammal habitat. She picked a horse- shocker, I know.   
I felt like quite the under-achiever on this one. Ya'll shoulda seen some of the work those lovely mamas did on their little darlings project. Wow. Well ours was less than award winning but she sure was happy and when I realized we were making them and taking them right back home after we all "oo-ed" and "ah-ed" for a few moments I may have been slightly thrilled that I didn't invest any more in our little shoebox horse pasture!
It will be amazing if I make it through my children's elementary school years with a quarter of my brain left in my head. I'm not even kidding...

Speaking of a quarter of a brain... This little guy is. a. mess. I'd be lying if I said most days I didn't wonder what on earth I was thinking thinking now was a good time to throw a pup into the (already very well shaken) mix. But hey I suppose he's good for some sprinkler fun...
good laughs....
and night time snuggles. He's pretty cute too. So. He's got that going for him...
I turned another year older. Or as I should say- I'm now officially the age I have thought I was for the last 6 months. I'm not trying to be cute, seriously.. and yes I am way too young to already not know how old I am! *Sigh. I'm not a big "hey it's my birthday" kind of gal but Ryan managed to make it a sweet day and even got a pic of me and the kiddos surprising me as I came down from a shower with a beautiful rendition of happy birthday and a candle in my Fresh Market cookie cake :-). Thanks babe!
Bennett is proud to be the only one on some nights that can get lil sis to eat the green monstrosities on her plate. Keep up the good work Bennett!
Check out that sweetness. Love.

And love x3. Seriously. Bennett, your arms are almost there buddy. Another foot or so and you would have succeeded at engulfing both your sisters into your arms. You gave it a valiant effort. 

That's all for now! Be back soon (ever hopeful ;)

2 comments:

linda said...

I am so thankful for all your posts! They give joy to my heart and soul! I love all of you so much!

Erica B said...

I am sure people do think all 5 kids are yours when they just see you walking down the street- they all look alike! And your puppy is precious!