Daddy took Little Bit for donuts on the morning of her birthday and then we had the usual family gathering for lunch! I cannot believe our baby is FOUR! I asked her if since she doesn't want to be "my baby" anymore if we should have another one. She pondered and considered before she came to the conclusion that Gibson can be "my baby". Oh, alright...
She was 100% certain she had to have a Minnie Birthday. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said "Minnie". My response was of course "minnie what?" to which I got "You know...Minnie Birthday!" Oooooh right... okay.... so we went with it. :)
I LOVE this pic of these purdy girls. (Bennett thinks it's hilarious to say "purdy" and it gets under Sadie's skin so bad :) She tells everyone who will listen that her brother says purdy, but he is supposed to say pretty.) Hannah had made and wrapped those pipe cleaner bracelets for her all on her own. Aren't sisters just the best??
Sadie you are just so so fun and such a spunky little part of our family. You make us laugh so much and everything is brighter (for lack of better word, not to be a total cheeseball) when you are around. You are easy going but sassy, laid back but opinionated, chill but with a big personality, independent but loving. It's hard to really peg you but we love constantly being entertained and surprised by you :)
Happy birthday and for the record little missy... you will ALWAYS be our baby whether you like it or not! ;);)
A few days later Mr. B turned six! I'm a bit overwhelmed at the idea of my only boy growing up so fast. It's just one of those weird mother/son things I suppose. :) He woke up to chocolate milk before school on the morning of his birthday. I think we could have just called it a day there and he would have been a happy camper!! What do you think?
But we didn't. :) He had a great day of school and I took cookies up to his class at lunch.
We had spaghetti (one of his faves) and presents with family that night. He is still wearing his undershirt and leftovers from dinner on his face. Oh well!
Maybe by his 7th he will have that tooth in, haha! Somehow I still find him ridiculously handsome even without it (for years... :)
He probably figured out all the problems as he glanced through...haha
He got his beloved white blankie taken away indefinitely months ago. When he opened it he was beside himself. He just may have thought that was the best present. I told him he was lucky to get it back so soon! I had one taken away as a girl and my parents were kind enough to return it to me at our rehearsal dinner....Yeah Ryan blames me for our kids blanket addiction. He thinks I intentionally made them blanket lovers. (Shaking my head...) Hey! Just cause I slept with mine until I decided becoming a mother myself was probably a sign that it was time to give it up.....( errr did I really just publicly admit that?) Moving on....
I love this picture-- the kids were helping me pick up one afternoon and I asked Bennett to haul a heaping pile of towels out of the den and up to my room. His response should not have surprised me but it did. "Or I could just fold them for you mom". Oh my, this boy has a direct line to my heart!! He also then informed me it would be best for him to go ahead and put them under his bathroom counter. Love.
Bennett you are so so (so) bright. We are constantly amazed at how your brain is always on overdrive. Always thinking, so curious, loving learning everything and anything you can. One of my other favorite qualities of your is your willingness to serve!!! Oh how it bring me joy to see you always willing and glad to help others. You are very selfless. What a gift you are to us sweet boy! Happy birthday... and oh yeah.. don't get any older....thanks! :) Love Mom.






2 comments:
Great pics, I thought I left a message earlier? Miss you all?
They're growing up SO fast! Crazy.
Post a Comment