Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Day in the Life

I have had my camera sitting out most of the past week or so, with a goal of catching some good shots of the daily grind in our house. Life in this house with three kids all day during the week is, well, usually pretty ordinary I guess... but it may be that my view of ordinary has become slightly skewed over the past couple of years. One thing is that, for me at least, there is never a shortage of laughs. Kids really do do the darnedest things (and yes I meant to say "do do"=).

It's about 8:30. The kids have been awake for over an hour but have been eating breakfast, getting diapers changed, etc. Blake has arrived and finished his breakfast. Below is a picture of our playroom at approximately 8:30 am.

The following picture is an example of what our playroom looks like at 8:40 am.

By the way, this cracks me up- take a closer look at the picture above. We could make this into a game- it's kind of like "Where's Waldo". Can you find the kid? Yes, Blake is somewhere in the picture, I'm willing to bet you missed that the 1st time around! Haha!

We also like to watch Jack's Big Music Show in the morning (even though this is one of those kids shows where there are like seriously five different episode played over and over and I know all the songs by heart) But I like it, and this is why...

Well, the kiddie shows only last so long and after getting bored with them, we like to get creative. Here is Hannah Grace getting creative earlier this week-

Not sure where she finds some of the stuff she comes out with, but it's pretty entertaining. I think in this case she should have had the bib turned around- it could have made a pretty sweet cape!

The boys both still take morning naps (what will I do when they are all down to one nap a day!!!) and before they wake up I try to feed Hannah- one less person to worry about during crazy lunch hour. Here she is enjoying (sort of) a grilled cheese sandwich. She is the pickiest eater. This was a fun lunch though, we sat and had a conversation about elbows and animal noises, you know, typical two year old topics of conversation =)

When the boys wake up, they both get fed. It's not always at the same time, but this particular day it was. They were so cute sitting there next to each other.

And after naps and lunch we are all re energized and ready to play again. Here is Bennett's favorite spot lately.
And here he is trying to get to the blocks in the bucket next to him...

The table that he is sitting in tipped over right after I took this picture. It hasn't stopped him from pulling the top off and climbing up in there on almost a daily basis.

And here is an example of a "crisis"-
Blake has gotten himself stuck in the wagon. I know, how cruel am I to take a picture but I thought it was hilarious!

Another thing there is no shortage of in this house is kisses!! We LOVE kisses and hugs and the kids both dish them out left and right. These kids make it so easy to love on them!! Here are kisses for mommy-

And here was a special treat for daddy this week- Bennett (unfortunately) was sick again this week. I think the poor guy is so susceptible to everything! But this made him EXTRA cuddly and Ryan got to enjoy a snooze with him before bed.

And big sister Hannah Grace wanted to give him kisses to make him better too.

He is our cuddler. Sweet boy!!

At around 8:30 after dinner and baths and watching Hannah's favorite cartoon (Wow Wow Wubbzy-it's weird but oh well) We head to bed for story, prayers, and maybe singing a hymn. After a long crazy day, we all love bed time!!!

Hope you enjoyed a pictorial taste of a day in the Braithwait home. We will wake up tomorrow and do it all again =)

1 comment:

Erica B said...

WOW! I really love the picture of the playroom only 10 minutes apart! Won't it be fun when they learn how to clean it up on their own?