After loading up our three small kiddOs, and heading out of town, we arrived safely to our destination- nine hours away. The kids are really great car travelers, so honestly the drive was fine. I didn 't even bust out the DVD player until the last two hours- and that was just more because a "now or never" mentallity than the fact that they really needed it. We arrived in good ol' Port Byron, IL, just in time to catch the end of my nieces softball game. So sad that being so far away, I never really get the chance to be involved in all their stuff, so it was a nice to treat to get to be there even for a short while. Everyone greeted us fresh out of all day car mode.
Love, love, love this pic!
Watching the game.
And that's my girl in the hot pink helmet =)
After the game we headed back to Lori's for pizza and play.

I wish these pics had of turned out clearer, but I guess you get the idea. It was too fun to watch Tyler take Bennett on the big four wheeler!
Isn't he handsome?
Saturday we were at Lori's all day and had a day filled with outdoor, country air and water filled fun.
Waiting for the little pool to fill up.
My brother Brandon's oldest, Khylie.
Even Sadie got to join in on the fun- ya think she liked it? The girls are so great with the babies =)







While we were playing all day, my grandparents were at their house preparing delicious ribs for everyone to have at their house for dinner Saturday night.
Sunday morning Dean and Lola (Brandon's younger two)were baptized, and they had a big party at their house that afternoon.
Mom and Lola at the baptism.
Hannah sliced her finger pretty good on a metal stake that was in the ground for an outdoor tent. it was traumatic for her and after we pulled the leftover piece out of her finger she was cryin "I'm tired!!!" and just minutes later...
poor girl
Not the most flattering pic of me and Lori, but it was the only one I got that Sidney made it into. Sneaky little thing. I could not get over the entire weekend how big and mature she was!
Bennett and Dean (whoa re two months)apart played together for hours and so well. It was so fun to watch them have their "boy time" together. I wish they got to do this more often! They can both relate to being sandwiched between the ladies =)
Linz and Bill Wii Dancing =)
Sunday afternoon Brandon took us for a boat ride on the Mississippi (Port Byron is a town right on the river). We got to see his new orthodontic/ pediatric dentist office that he and some partners are in the process of building right on the river. It was amazing.
When we got back to Brandon and Amy's, the kids were getting in their last few minutes of play time with all their cousins.
We headed out from my grandparents early Monday morning for the trek home. We couldn't pass through St. Louis without stopping to see my borther Matt and his wife Cici and their boys Nick and Ryan- who is like 4 days apart form Sadie and shares Bennett's birthday. (Which, BTW, when I told the kids we were going to see Matt, Cici, Nick, and baby Ryan, Bennett confusingly said "Baby Daddy?!?" haha, yeah, that could cause some confusion.) I got a pic of the babies together but sweet Nick (also about Bennett's age) was being shy. I wish I would have asked him if I could take his picture though, such a handsome fella! We hadn't seen him in over a year and a half! 

We had a nice visit over lunch and hit the road back to Memphis.
It was wild, fun, tiring, and everything I could have hoped for. I was sad to leave, and given how ready I was to be home, that said a lot!!! The kids were also sad to leave all their family that are "so far, far way".
It was a good trip for all of us!

































1 comment:
It was so much and BUSY! I like all the pics, and filled my computer screen. Can't wait for the next time? Nina
Post a Comment