I think we just may have a "girly girl" on our hands. Ryan and I saw Sadie do this a few days ago and I got a kick out of it, then today when she went MIA I found her here...
She seems to love purses and at just shy of a year old, knows just what she is supposed to do with them.
"Get on my shoulder!"
"Ya caught me!"
"Got a problem with it?"
"And I'm taking it with me!!"
Oh yeah, she's also mastered trying to get her way with this! It doesn't work... all of the time. ;-)
Random insert- Sadie's little BFF/ cousin/ partner in crime got her 1st haircut the other day. Lori and I tackled it together and she did great! I took this pic of Bailey and Momma when we were done and I just thought it was too cute not to share, she is getting so grown up and beautiful!
And just to make this post a little more random- I started working a little bit with Hannah Grace tonight on reading. She's known all her letters for as long as I can remember, and is pretty good at her letter sounds. So I figured it was probably time to start trying to put it all together. After looking at some books and working together for a little bit I could feel my patience quickly dwindling ( I often think I must have been crazy to think I would be a good elementary ed. teacher, haha!) She was not ready to stop but I had to tell her mommy needed to stop =). Thinking about it right after, I thought, I bet there has to be some great online tools for teaching/learning to read. This was the 1st site I clicked on and it was perfect. Not sure how many out there this is relavant too, but I thought I would share this great little site that the kids loved and was just what I was looking for.
Again since we know our letters, we started with the learning to read section.
If you have a preschooler hopefully you can find this as fun and useful as I think it is going to be for us in the reading process around here. Let me just add- I'm in no rush- not sure what Ryan and I are going to do when spelling to eachother is no longer our secret code, haha.
Anyway, can't believe my little "girly girl" is turning one in just a couple days. We celebrated her birthday with family today, more on that to come!

1 comment:
This little girl is growing up, soon she will be asking for money to put in that purse! Nina
Post a Comment