(She is surprisingly the only child I have actual day of birth footage of, so I thought I'd let you reminisce on it with me =)
Wow! I just can't believe it! It seems kind of weird that a year ago Sadie was just entering our lives, but it's harder to believe that her first year of life has come and gone! What a wonderful year we have had with her!!! We all just love her so much and she brings so much to our home. I don't have her "dr. stats" But here are some things I want to remember about Sadie Jane at a year old:
- She LOVES to mimic, she will copy you saying: mama, dada/daddy, Sadie, Hannah, bye bye, nigh night, thank you, uh oh, hi! (she does this every time i give her my cell phone and she of course puts it to her ear"), and sometimes we are lucky enough to get a "love you"-- or something close =)
- She loves her little "snuggly". Not only does she want it to sleep, but she will pick it up stuff her face in it and pull it under her chin while she cuddles it while rocking back and forth.
- If you ask her to blow a kiss she takes your hand and shoves it up to your mouth. I get a kick out of it all the time.
- She's not anywhere close to walking, and it doesn't seem to bother her. She's not really even pulling up, standing alone, or cruising along an furniture. I predict it will be months before she takes her 1st unassisted steps and I'm okay with that =).
- She also loves stuffed animals and will snuggle them like her little blanky- lay her head into them and rock them with a big smile on her face!
- Lately, anytime I am sitting on the floor by her, she will crawl over and fling herself into your lap, nuzzling her face in your legs.
- She knows how to flirt and kid you not, bats her eyes like the best of them. She will catch your eye, then she will do exaggerated blinks with a little grin on her face.
- She's a great eater, I'm hoping she stays that way, but we will see! And she has eight teeth! By far the most of my kids at this age!
- She loves music and to dance (as most babies do, I guess)
- With two older siblings, she has learned how to fend for herself. If they take something from her, she doesn't just let it slide, she totally stands up for herself and lets them know about it!
- She is a spitfire and we love her!
As I mentioned, we celebrated Saturday with Ryan's family at Ross and Lori's house with simple cupcakes and some presents to celebrate our baby girl!
My Birthday Girl!
Cupcakes from Muddy's!
Opening presents, she did kind of get the hang of it!
The posse to help!
Best buds!
Cake time! She was without nap and SO tired! I think she like her cupcake but she definitely did not jsut dive in! I think she was about to fall asleep, ha, poor girl! But she was not about to sleep at her own party!







Happy Birthday, Sadie Jane. We love you very very much!
2 comments:
Happy, happy birthday, sweet Sadie!!!
So cute! I can't believe she's already 1!
Post a Comment