So I'm squeezing a post in real quick before it's probably going to be a short while before I post again. We have a big week ahead of us and my goal is to be on the computer as little as possible to stay on top of things. Of course, this is the week leading up to Easter, which is always such a great week, but to make it a crazy week I have all 5 kids the first three days of the week and then they come Thursday morning to start on our floors! Yay!!!
The whole floor experience (so far, knock on wood) has been stellar! I thought with it being an insurance claim and being unsure just how high or low of quality stuff we have in here now, I better not let myself get high hopes and went in there thinking I would get a few choices, and just have to pick what was closest to the general color I was going for.
Not so, my friends, I was beyond tickled pink to find I pretty much had the pick of the litter in my allowance. I think the guy had to help me pick my jaw up off the floor when he told me "you have a great allowance, you can pick from probably 90% of everything that's here". The hardest part was making the decision-- well sort of =). This is what we are getting--
Wide planked, hand scraped, rustic hickory. (laminate folks, not hardwood =)
(Photos from Quick-Step's official site)
It will be crazy having our total living space of the house torn apart and all the furniture in pretty much 2 carpeted rooms and I'm not sure just how long it is going to take. I guess we will just have to embrace the ride and I will try to be as prepared as possible with being organized, caught up on laundry, Easter stuff ready- the works. All I know is I am getting super excited to see how it turns out! I'm sure I will be posting pics!
On another note, the other night as I was heading out the door to MOPS and changing Sadie, I actually had the thought enter my mind to have Ryan take a pic of us while I was for once not completely frumpy! That thought never enters my mind at a convenient time such as that =). I'm about positive I have less than a handful of pics of me and the littlest stink bug together in her year and a half of life. Eh, I think she'll know I love her anyway- and Lord knows she will have enough pics of herself to know she was loved, ha!




1 comment:
Beautiful words, "Made new by His blood!" And beautiful pics of my girls. Oh, LOVE the floor! Mom
Post a Comment