Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer Thus Far

Here is the photo documentation of our summer to this point. These are all actually from a couple weeks ago. We have been home bound for the last week with sickness--- in June? Really? Hopefully we will all be back on our feet sooner than later- it has been a LONG week!
It was tempting to do this mass of pics in two posts, but, eh, I'm just gonna go with it! Even if it goes against "blogging tips" to not make posts too long =).
 First weekend of summer = mandatory kiddie pool christening. Our one from last year (here and here) made it through two summers, but this year it was time to start fresh! You can only hose and bleach the mildew off those bad boys so many times, am I right?


Floaty rings in a 1.5 foot deep pool... that's just how we roll.
Sadie got to partake a lot more this year! She was one happy camper, and she takes her elder siblings abuse so well.. to a point...


Then again she is my most likely one to inflict said abuse upon herself, for that matter. And loves it.
(PS- I think the swimsuit has seen it's day- we're about to see some "buttons" as my mom used to call them when we were little- ha! oh the horror... =)

Alright moving right along.. I guess I was just sitting in the "sunroom" (I am being generous when I call it that!) with my camera and snapped some pics of what was going on.


 (By the way, we had to go without this man for a full work week and it was pitiful. We all missed daddy like crazy! I don't know how wives to frequently traveling men do it!) It wasn't as physically tiring as I thought it would be, we just all missed his company!

Do you see what I see in this picture... one grown girl, coming right up!!!

  Okay so here is one of those picture progressions I love to dump on you. What I like about this one is, I think it's a great demonstration of how I am going to one day remember my kids playing together.
Hannah Gracie and Sadie get started on a little post dinner dance party (those are a family fave in these parts)

 and Bennett runs in to join.






I love them, 'nough said.
We've also made our first trip to the sprinkler park/ spray park/ splash pad/ whatever your preference to call it. We joined a couple friends there, and I sure hope it's just the first of many outings there to come this summer. I was busy visiting so I didn't want to stand there the whole time snapping pics like the crazy person I really am deep down inside, so I clicked about a thousand times in a three minute time frame and this is what I ended up with. =)
We are always laughing over Sadie's round little belly. Hannah Grace I guess has caught on and now she will stick her tummy out and ask me if I think it's big and round likes Sadie's. Ha!








Pringle break!







Jump and...

...splash!


Yep! That's my Sadie girl... sticking her face right in the water over the drain and slurping it up- where every one else's loogies flow to. I wonder if it's coincidence shortly after this park trip bronchitis started running through our house! Ha!=)


Always a good time!

I include at least one spray park trip on the blog every year. For daddy or a grandma (or myself =) who likes to go back and see them grow, here's the archive from previous years!

So there you have it! Two weeks worth of blogging in one gargantuan post, pieced together over several sittings. Thanks for stickin' with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it all. aunt lori would die with Sadie slurping.... ya'll lived through it!