Monday, July 11, 2011

Trip Days 1&2- St. Louis

Despite the fact that is goes against everything natural in my body (as Ryan can attest) we hopped out of bed at 4:15 last Saturday morning to hit the road. We woke kids at 5, loaded 'em up sporting PJs, and headed to St. Louis in time to make my niece's baptism at 11. I could not believe we were in St. Louis with three children before 10:00 in the morning.
IMAG0242

IMAG0253
We pulled off an impressive quick-change at the hotel and managed to be the 1st people at the church. So what did I do? Try to grab a pic of the kids outside.



Guess mom thought it would be cute to take a pic of me trying to take a pic. A lot of these pictures I stole from her.
We tried in the madness of kids and families arriving to take a pic of dad with the kids. And what do you do if at 1st you don't succeed? Add some more and try again!!!
My brother Ben and their Olivia.

Yummy. her. up.
And hello newest little beauty!

Grandpa had to get some snuggle time in.

My brother Matt and his wife Cici and their family (and godparents). Can't believe they have three almost just as back to back as us!
After the baptism we had lunch at Cici's parents house. 
They both look a little unsure about the whole sharing thing, ha!

I snuck in to steal some baby time. I guess this  is the face I make when I feel totally awkward when someone wants to snap a picture of me with a baby I know you can't see. Since these are probably a couple of the very few pics I will ever have with these little guys, it will have to do!
It was so odd to me how people were making comments about me holding a baby. I always think of that as one of those things that you do to newly weds who everyone is just waiting to have a baby. Hello! We have been there, done that guys! I will hold other people's babies all day long, and I am good. =)

IMAG0010


I vote yes. To what? Eh, with this one, it doesn't matter, I vote yes.
IMAG0243

IMAG0245

 We even got to see my aunt and uncle for a short bit. AKA a version of my dad with hair. 
(Side note: Now when I watch a Bond movie, I totally think Daniel Craig is the 4th long lost Strohschein brother. Ha, your welcome, Strohschein men =)


IMAG0249
We went to dinner that night and mom used Sadie as a source of her own amusement. 
We have all been guilty of this. Numerous times.
IMAG0246

IMAG0251
Sunday morning, before heading north,  we had brunch with everyone. 
Wrangling a small zoo of children in a restaurant for the best waffles ever? Totally worth it.


Nick, Matt and Cici's oldest was very shy. Looks like mom tried to squeeze him in a pic!
Matt and his middle child, "baby Ryan". Cute little button, he is. 



The hand off... I think we got this move down pat. Check out Hannah Grace's face.You could probably say she likes babies. ;-)

IMAG0011



Olivia seemed to enjoy the breakfast as much as I did!
And despite the look on her face, mom didn't take it personally that Olivia was way too on the go for hugs.
Yeah, he's a natural. =)
Oh boy. 
That's all I have to say about that. 

We had a great short visit and it was SO SO good to get to spend  even some fast and furious time with this side of my family!
After brunch it was off to Iowa. More to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many very cute pics. I look forward to the rest!

Elaine said...

love it...looks like y'all are having a crazy and good time