( I think between the two of these, we have every one covered ;-)
If you have talked to me at all about kids birthday parties, you have no doubt heard me say "It is not my thing". Since all three kids birthdays are within 6 weeks of each other (with 2 being in the same week), I have decided each kid will get a 5th party. Of course, we always try to make the day special, but as far as a full blown party, it just ain't gonna happen. As they get older, I know they will be able to decide how they want to make their day special. But for now, this is our plan, and I think it will work for us.Since Hannah Grace is our little animal/ horse lover, I knew I wanted to do a horse related party. I booked a farm that does events close by and it was great.
I love this, even if Bennett's eyes are close, I love how him and the goat both have their heads cocked to the side.
They all loved the bunny rabbits. We had a potpourri group of kids, from church to Ryan's work to family to old neighbors. It was kind of fun this way, I thought.
(Just one of the many things I won brownie points for that day- not clipping the poor girls bangs back.)
Given the whole horse thing was really the point of the party, go figure it didn't go over that well with Hannah Grace. She was shy and timid about the horse being big I think. Ah, well.
Sadie didn't love it either, and and Bennett didn't even attempt it. There was one though who seemed thoroughly enjoy himself. Ha, this pic below absolutely cracks me up.
I give Ryan full credit for the centering job on this one ;-). He said he saw him turn around grinning and just threw the camera up to catch it. Good job, I'm glad you did!
The rock climbing wall was great for the older kids, the little kids weren't interested. Then, there was the moon bounce- a huge hit for all of course, and utter chaos.
Complete with a hay wagon ride before closing out with lunch and cake.
Ice cream cake for the no egg girl, 90 degrees, and nothing to eat or cut the cake with (kudos to this
never-has-her-act-together momma!). Luckily, we made it work! =)
And all in all, I would say we had a good time! She was happy and loved having a party with her friends.
There was one more little element of her party that I will hopefully mention in another post soon!



















1 comment:
Fun.Fun. wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment