Friday, June 22, 2012

On the Water

The last day we spent in Iowa, my parents rented a boat and we spent the afternoon on the lake. It was too chilly (for us!) to get into the water, but we enjoyed just cruising, eating and drinking, and taking in the sunshine.
 Saylorville Lake, IA
 I love these pictures, the kids were so excited and happy!


 I think my dad was pretty happy to to be back on the water, since we grew up with my grandparents living on a lake in Minnesota. When I was as little as HG I lived for tubing and had even tried to water ski but my pencil legs couldn't hold me up yet at that age ;-)
All 3 kids giving a go at driving the boat was pretty cute. 
 Sadie was all "I'm big stuff, this is what I do..."



 Bennett was goofy excited....

 and HG was completely "tickled" and had the giddiest smile. Too cute!




 My big girl! Soaking up our last couple months before her life has a big change with the upcoming school year!!!

 Little squirt!
They loved getting sprayed, no surprise there. 






My two favorite guys! 
It was a great way to wrap up a really fun trip and Hannah Grace was already asking if we could do it again :)
I have some pics from that evening that and then that will be all folks!

1 comment:

linda said...

This and the last post just made me cry! ? Just missing everybody I guess? Especially the part where HGs life will change! Yes, Some great adventures ahead and some sad faces too I am sure! Exposing her to life!