Friday, June 13, 2008

Let's Play... Name That Baby!!!!!!!

Okay, so here's a fun little game- well it was fun at least for me to make- I tried my best to cover up hints that would give it away, but I know some of you will be too good and spot some things that make it obvious, but oh well! We are playing name that baby- I will put the answers at the end (hint: Each pair has one of Hannah Grace and one of Bennett). See how you do...


1.



2.

3.


4.

5.

6.

7.


Well? What do you think? Was it easy? Hard? I know you were probably mainly just thinking, she has WAY too much time on her hands! But seriously, it was fun to look back and I must say I played it up a little by finding pictures that they were making similar faces, in similar positions, etc. Actually, in a lot of those pics they weren't even close to being the same age. But here IS a picture where they are both between eight and nine months, just two good pictures and as you can see, while in many ways they can and do look a lot alike, they are also very very different...


So the answers are:
1. Hannah on the left, Bennett right
2. Bennett left, Hannah right
3. Bennett left, Hannah right (this one might have been the trickiest)
4. Hannah left, Bennett right
5. Hannah left, Bennett right
6. Hannah left, Bennett right
7. Bennett left, Hannah right
and that last one, if it isn't completely obvious, Hannah is on the left and Bennett on the right.


You know another thing people always have fun trying to do is determine who your child looks more like, mommy or daddy- if you have or have ever had children, you are fully aware of how much people like to play this guessing game, and for the most part, it is completely divided- you will go a long while with everyone saying he or she looks just like dad, and then suddenly for a while everyone thinks he or she looks just like mom and back and forth it goes...

So I tried to scrounge up some pictures to make comparisons with but it was not easy to find Ryan and I at the same ages as the kids from the same angles, etc. so this was the best I could do.



Here is Bennett in the middle with mommy on the left and daddy on the right.




And here is Hannah Grace in the middle again with mommy on the left and daddy on the right.


So I personally have come to the conclusion that our children are just perfect little mixes of the both of us. I don't think that either one of them , looks JUST like either one of us! They both have features that I think stand out as one or the others (for examples, Hannah's eyes are shaped a lot like Ryan's) But again it's so funny that we all try so hard to figure this out because it changes from day to day, month to month. It is definitely fun, but no matter who these babies look like or don't look like, they are precious just the same!


And how could they not be, right- I mean check out these cute kids... ; -)


Who knows maybe the next one will look just like me or just like Ryan, but with these two, as you can see, they look more like each other than they do like either one of us!!

2 comments:

Erica B said...

Loved the game! I am so good- I got ALL the answers right! And I didn't even see Hannah (in real life) between her being a week old until after she was already sitting up! Go me! So the last pics of you and Ryan: I see a lot of you in Hannah right now (looking at that picture) and Ryan looks just like his picture now, just older!

Michelle Myers said...

I am so proud of you and the woman/wife/mother you have become!! I am so glad we gave each other all of that practice in writing back in middle school....oh, did we ever burn that notebook of our novel? :) Love you and miss you!