So there's not a whole lot new on the homefront this week. Bennett had his nine month check up and all went fairly well. The doctor was a little more concerned this time about him not eating more solid foods, so it's time for us to step it up a bit I guess and be a little more aggressive. He does SO much better with food that he can pick up and eat on his own, the only thing that is hard with this is that since he never got all the practice with baby food, it's like he's really learning to chew and swallow on all the hard stuff, but we are getting there. This picture is him eating one of those teething biscuits the other day- haha who knew they were such a mess! He looked like a giant biscuit when he was done! He also ate some corn in this sitting! Anyways, it's a work in progress...


And Hannah Grace's new eating routine- at the table like a big girl! I decided since she was almost two it was time to boot her out of the high chair, so I bought this great little booster seat that she is doing well with- it's fun to have her up at the table with us! In this picture she is using a big girl fork- that she would stab her ham with then take the ham off the fork with her hands and then put it in her mouth- I'm not sure but I
think this pretty much defeats the purpose, oh well!

New words in Hannah's vocabulary include "doooww!" (down), "oh no, mess!" (she hates to be messy), "why!" (which is funny because she just says it, she's not really asking why) and believe it or not, she is just now getting "Hi!". We've obviously known "bye" for a while, but for some reason saying hello has taken her a bit longer. And, she is southern girl to the core! This week we realized her immense love for sweet tea! I gave her one sip and it was over- and I only called it tea ONCE and she was reaching for my glass crying "tea! teeeea!" Uh oh!
Ryan has been busy these days with work and his summer class and with being the best dad a kid could ask for. I am still just busy with the 3 kiddOs and have also re-picked up on my scrapbooking, thanks to Stacy and my sister in law Lori!=) So that has been fun and taking up all my free time lately!
Nothing else really new and exciting here, but I do here cabinet doors slamming, so that's my cue!
No comments:
Post a Comment