Sunday, July 13, 2008

It's Snot Easy!

Some bath pics to start us off...

Hannah Grace is making sure Bennett gets his ears washed! What a good helper!

And Bennett model posin' it in the tub : )

Bottom's Up!!!! Okay so this may sound a little weird but- all babies have cute baby bottoms, but Bennett seriously has the all time cutest baby's bottom I have ever seen!
See what I mean! That is one cute booty! And notice how wavy the water is- that is because he kicks in there CONSTANTLY!

Well, we are sitting here this morning, home from church with two little sicklings. Towards the end of the week both of the kids were terribly congested and running fevers, but this morning we thought we were in the clear until Hannah Grace had been up for about 10 minutes and had already had several coughing spells! We would have taken them anyways if it weren't for all the other people looking at us like "You're the jerks who bring your sick kids to the nursery", so we decided to just stay home! Last night was a rough night anyways- Hannah was up crying pretty uncontrollably for nearly 2 hours. I don't really know what was wrong- she was just so tired but could not fall back asleep! We kept going back and forth her bed to our bed and so on. She finally went back to sleep in her own bed around 2:30, thank goodness! I felt so bad for the poor girl! It also definitely made me realize I don't know how families that have their kids in their beds all the time do it! I am so thankful both our kids sleep so well all night in there own beds.

Speaking of sleeping- here is just a great portrayal of my sweet little Bennett. The first morning I really realized he was getting sick- he slept until 10:40!!!! I kept checking on him to make sure he was still alive but he obviously just needed the rest! So he ended up missing his morning bottle and played so well for a while. Then I thought things were pretty quiet and went in to check on him. I saw his little legs on the floor from behind the coffee table and I thought "He is being awfully still!" I came around the table and this is what I found...

He had found his blanky, wrapped himself up in it, and just konked out in the middle of the floor in front of cartoons! This is something Hannah would NEVER have done, especially at that age! He's just so sweet, content, and laid back even when he's tired and sick!

He has also been trying to crawl off of his tummy more this week. I wondered (and still do) if he would crawl crawl since he gets every where he could want to go on his tummy, but he tries it for a little while, then knows he can get there much faster by scooting, so he reverts back to his old ways =). The only thing I have worried about is if he doesn't learn to crawl off of his tummy, how will he learn to pull himself up on things? Well it has taken him longer (Hannah was pulling up and walking along everything by this point), but he has been able to pull up from the floor to his knees! He's having a tougher time making it all the way up to his feet, but I know that will come!

It was a long week with the kids being under the weather, but Ryan's parents were great enough to give us some relief this weekend! Friday night the kids spent the night at their house- this was the first time since we've had both of them that we have sent them away for the night and it was long over due! We did a little shopping, went to dinner, and met up with some friends for a drink. Yesterday morning we made omelets and watched a movie- without having to stop and start it 5,000 times!!! It was nice to have a little break, but we missed them and were so excited to see them yesterday afternoon! It did remind us though, that we need to do it more often ; )

Not much else new here- Ryan had his last summer class this week and has another month long break before fall semester starts, so we are going to just soak it in while we can! The kids are now both on a prescription decongestant that takes care of all the wonderful green stuff coming from their noses, but it makes them drowsy, so they have been sleeping a lot and cranky even when they are awake! So as you can see by the nature of our pictures, we had a pretty low key week this week of just trying to rest and get better! Who gets sick in the dead of summer?!? Oh well, hopefully we are on the mend...

And of course some pictures to end on-

When life hands you a rainy day, watch movies in mommy and daddy's bed!

Bug's Life- it's a real nail biter!!

No comments: