Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Fun

I had been wanting to take the kids to go get some pumpkins and take some "fally" pictures, so Saturday morning we decided to blow off our house cleaning and go to the farmer's market to get some pumpkins. It ended up being tons of fun- the Agricenter was having a fall fest and they had a petting zoo and stuff like that we got to enjoy too. The pumpkins ended up not being such a great picture opportunity after all, since neither of the kids really knew what to think- especially Hannah Grace- she liked them from a distance but if you tried to get her to touch them she really freaked out. She is so funny about stuff sometimes!

I was not quick enough to get one of him before he started getting weirded out.
Here is daddy trying to convince Hannah to come and get a pumpkin. His coaxing didn't work- that was as close as she got!
Bennett says "I got mine!!"
Again not the perfect photo I was hoping for since I couldn't even get them to look, much less smile! But hey, it's a good one of Ryan at least!
And getting antsy in the stroller- until we went over to the animals...
They both loved this. Hannah loved it when the animals licked to food out of her hand. I think her favorite was the sheep. It's so funny to me how she will not be afraid of an animal 10 times her size (i.e. a camel) but a pumpkin- now that's terrifying! What are you gonna do?!



Hannah and I in front of my new fall decorations! When you're standing there taking pictures in a bunch of pumpkins with the owners watching, you kind of feel like you have to buy some- not to mention it was a good excuse for me to get some festive fall stuff I had been wanting to get =)
After we went to get pumpkins we swung through Ryan's parents neighborhood that was having a garage sale. We came home with this little bike for $3. It's nothing spectacular but hey if she rides it a couple times I'd say we got our money's worth.
Daddy had to help her because she is obviously not big enough to do it by herself yet- but she loved it- just look at that smile!
We had a ton of fun and while the house was a complete wreck the rest of the weekend, it was well worth it! These kids are only this age once! I just don't want to blink.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

love the photos :-) David got me a Sony A200 DSLR (i think that's what they're called) but he bought it from wolf/ritz camera and they give the free photo lessons, if you're interested!!