So I have officially decided that this is my favorite time of year- you know it's so hard to choose as I love things about all of them, but I think I have finally come to grips with my love for fall. It's kind of ironic actually because I am always cold and I HATE being cold, but yet when it starts getting cold is my favorite?!
I can't deny it any longer, I am officially in a "warm and fuzzy" state. I have been realizing over the past weeks how my mood has changed! I sing louder in the car, I have that urge well up in me to squeal at random times, and I just want to HUG!!
There are so many reasons I think that this time of year stirs up all these feelings. It such a sentimental time for me. It is, after all, this time of year that I always feel like I fall in love with my husband all over again. (Not to say I don't love him all year round, haha) but there is just something about now that makes me want to always be close to him and I look at him and reminisce. This is the time of year he and I started dating (seven years ago) and this is the time of year we got engaged (four years ago). I have such wonderful memories with him and many of them are from this wonderful time of year.
This is also the time of year that my babies were itty bitty. Since they were both born at the end of summer, I think I automatically associate this time with having a newborn little baby to snuggle with and nap with on a cold afternoon. Well not this year, but lucky for me Bennett is still pretty cuddly so he has been feeling the effects of my snuggle mode!
I love to open the screen door and let that cool brisk air freshen the house and I could have a big pot of homemade soup on the stove every day and be the happiest person on earth! And forget spring cleaning! This is when feels so good to have a clean house and light a pumpkin spice or cinnamon apple candle!! Ooo, see I'm getting all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it! Every thing I cook starts to smell like the holidays and I crave for my house to be filled with family and friends and good food!
We just really do have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to at this time of year. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas- I mean back to back holidays to worship and praise the King. It is almost November and almost time to bust out the Christmas music!! (I know you're pumped Ryan ;-)
Once January comes these feelings fade and suddenly it's just cold and dreary here in Memphis and the warm fuzzies seem to subside at least until spring. So I have two months of basking in the wonderful feeling of fall, so next time you step outside and smell that wonderful smell of someone's firewood, just think aren't we blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment