Besides Bennett's party, it was a low key weekend- we took Bennett to his one year appointment where he got shots and the usual (His weight surprisingly was only 50th percentile at 23 pounds while the size of his head still remained in the 97th percentile =) And later that night we went to dinner at On the Border where I actually drank an entire one of their giant Margaritas, it was delicious!!! Saturday my dad and Ryan spent a good chunk of the day working on replacing our screen door to the garage- it actually closes now, hooray!- while my mom and I did stuff to get ready for Bennett's 1st birthday party!! We had Roast Beef sandwiches with Au Jus for dipping and peppers and onions and of course chips and dip, cake, etc.
I guess his cake wasn't lucky enough to help the Cornhuskers beat Missouri that night, oh well, it was cute anyways!
Trying to show Bennett how to open the presents...
Hannah Grace was more than willing to demonstrate.
On his new four wheeler from Gramma and Grandpa Strohschein.
With Grandma Sheila
He says get this stupid hat off me and give me the cake!!! He soon forgot about the hat...
It was crackin me up- we kept trying to get him to dig into the cake part, but he just kept rolling the piece back over to the frosting side and licking it off. Here Hannah is helping out with the frosting- I love this picture...
And he's done and straight to to the tub he went for a wash down!
Hannah's face here is hilarious to me- trying to scrape up a few more licks while she can!
She was so excited about the "bufday pahty" and wanted to party all night!
Here she is one day, conked out with Papa Marc in the chair.
I didn't really get many pictures while my parents were here but we had lots of fun and I was so glad to have them here to celebrate with us! We are so lucky to have so much wonderful family who loves our kids, both near and far!
No comments:
Post a Comment