Monday, July 6, 2009

Are You Ready???

Seriously- prepare yourself. We are home from our trip after our smooth 9 hour drive yesterday and of course what am I doing 1st thing this morning (as my laundry is piled in front of my laundry room)??? Starting to load up my 600+ pictures of course! Yeah, you think I am picture crazy at home, can you imagine how I am on vacation? Well, don't worry you won't be looking through all 600 pictures, I will try to narrow down for you. But we had a great trip, as expected. The kids did great and we had a total blast. It was once again the perfect balance of a relaxing get away and a fun filled adventure. It was as always great to to get to see my whole family- it had been six months since we had seen some, a year since I had seen some, and a year and a half since we had seen my brother Ben. So that is where I will start (bear with me I am going to try to go through everything bit by bit). But once we got to my parents, the 1st exciting thing was spending the first couple days with Ben. His wife Robyn was unfortunately unable to be with us because she is the girls basketball coach at the school they teach at and had try outs that week, so we took what we could get! We basically just hung out and grilled out a lot. The guys (as I mentioned) golfed while me and my mom shopped around with the kids one afternoon. We really just enjoyed the absolutely beautiful weather we had there- it was in the upper seventies with an amazing breeze- such a wonderful break from our 97 degree sauna here. The kids played outside a TON throughout the week, which you will get to see lots of pics of. We did manage to take a couple quick pics with Ben the night before he left.




It was so great to get to spend a couple days with him, and we are SO excited because he too is gonna be a dad!!! They are expecting their first baby this January! We have been anxiously awaiting this news for a long time and cannot wait!! There are four new babies coming on my side of the family in four months! How wild is that!! We may just have to be taking a trip out to California to meet one of our newest nieces or nephews =) I think it is going to be a niece but I will keep you posted =)...
So you had a long drought of posts, and now get ready for the big catch up. I guess now I will go start on the laundry 1st, that will make me feel a little better =)

No comments: