Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Making A Splash

Are you bearing with me still? I hope so!!
We also spent two afternoons at the pool. The weather was beautiful but the down side was it was a little on the chilly side for swimming most days. The first day we went was pretty cool but it was less crowded. The second day was perfect weather and it was bustling. The kids didn't seem to care either way, they had a blast splashing around whether they were shivering or dodging 50 other kids.


Hannah Grace LOVES the slide. She loved it last year and again this year. There was sign I didn't see until after taking her down that said "do not use this ride if... pregnant". Woops! Oh well, I think Sadie enjoyed it too, ha!

Bennett loved it the 1st time down. After he realized the huge splash at the bottom, not so much. He kept wanting to just go play on the ramp and we kept telling him if he went o the ramp he was going to have to go down the slide. Well he went down the slide a couple times screaming his head off. But at least we got some pics from the 1st time so we can pretend he just loved it =) I don't know what it is with him- he has lost his adventurous side as of late- I'm sure we will see it return sooner than later.

Boo! I see you!




At one point Bennett fell forward in the deepest part. It was so sad, his face was under water and he kept trying to push himself up with his hands, but they didn't reach the floor. I was able to rescue him quickly but I know it scared the poor little man. I wish he would have worn floaties- that might have prevented that little situation. Here he is getting some comfort from daddy.


Even grandpa got suckered into going down the slide. I think he was hoping he could walk her to the top and with daddy at the bottom she would go herself. That wasn't happenin'...so there he went. I have a great pic of both their faces right before they got splashed but I decided to be nice to my dad and put this one on instead.


We bought a couple dollar pool toys at WalMart. They may or may not have been worthwhile, but that is the beauty of something costing $1 I guess. Hannah Grace did at least play with the pool ring for a little bit and really liked it.

On the second day we discovered the slip and slide. If only I had realized earlier how big of a hit this would be- I think this was both of their favorites.



Ryan and I have been longing for a pool in our backyard this summer, but now I don't think I even want a regular pool. Can I just get one of these giant kiddie pools with all the fun slides and stuff in it put in instead?

No comments: