Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year with Lots of New Life

Happy New Year to all, a couple days late of course- so typical of me! I figured a great way to kick off the blog for the new year was to introduce you to all the new life that has come about in this family over the past year (really few months). In case you have lost count, we are now up to 12 grandchildren on my parents side of the family- whewy! The last couple go rounds have been kind of crazy- we would have three- four babies born within a matter of months of eachother. This happened when we had Bennett- Nick and Dean were two months after and we kicked off the baby run this year with Sadie ( no introduction necessary here ;-)


Ah, sweet child of mine =). I know it's kind of hokie, but I had to try out a "garter belt" bow for her head since the girl has no hair. Not usually my thing, but I must say, this girl can make anything look cute =)

I know I have mentioned before that my brother Matt and his wife Cici had their second boy, Ryan Charles on September 25th- four days after Sadie and shares a birthday with Bennett- fun, huh! I am waiting on a picture of Nick and Ryan and will add it on here as soon as I get it! You can see Ryan's momma and daddy and big brother Nick in this post.


Next came Lola, surprising everyone with her entrance almost a month early on December 2nd.
She is baby number three to my brother Brandon and his wife Amy who you may remember from several of our summer trips.  She is so cute, I want to kiss her, oh my!!!!


And the newest addition that I am just so excited about- I feel like we all have been waiting years for this! Ben and Robyn had their first,  a baby girl, Olivia, born on December 29th- also a couple weeks early. She weighed in barely over 5 pounds- I can't imagine- all mine came out with three pounds on her!!! I wish I could hold her while she is that tiny, but I know she will be big by the time I probably meet her! I stole Robyn's pics from Facebook (I don't think they'll sue me!) so I can show her off!!!




I can't believe he is a dad! They are going to make great parents!


She definitely got "the Strohschein nose"- a rather distinct feature shared for sure by my dad, Ben, and myself. I just hope she get's Robyn's curls!!!!

Wow! What a way to look back on 2009 and be able to see how richly we have been blessed! I got to become a mommy again and an aunt three more times!! I just wish I could see them all more! I guess this is my way of making up for that and trying to make all of them as much a part of our lives as possible.

We look forward too to even more new life to come in the future in our ever growing extended families!

No comments: