Friday, May 14, 2010

Sew Post

A blogging drought and now two in one day! (scroll down to my post from earlier today, for my less computer savvy family members =)

I'm giving fair warning with a label that this is all about sewing, BUT if you're not interested skip the first half and my writing, but don't miss the super cute pics of my Hannah Gracie at the end!!! That would be unfortunate...

So like I mentioned before, I have been sewing away as much as possible with the little time I have- so when I say "a lot" it may not really be that much, just a lot for me, all things considered. I like to document what I make cause one of these days, I jsut may try to get good at this =)
So here goes what I've done over the last couple months.

A couple boy bibs for a friend. I'm going to have to get on making more of these! It's crazy- I know tons of people that are having baby boys, and honestly can't think of one person right now about to have a baby girl- hmm.
Finally a diaper bag for Lori, it only took me like a month to finish. Ayayay.

And speaking of bags, I won this one for myself from a gal who has an etsy shop and does give aways on her blog, you can check her  out here.
(Picture from retrofied)
I love it- what a treat!

I tried my hand at a pillow case dress. This one is green seer sucker with white eyelet trim and pink ribbons. Needs a big  hot pink "H" monogrammed in the middle if you ask me. Hannah kindly modeled it for me fresh out of bed =)
I got more fabric to try my hand at a couple more of those simple and cute dresses! And now, drumroll please... the latest brave attempt at a little more detailed outfit for Hannah Grace.
So maybe it's a little over the top, but it just looked like too much fun. And now I look at it and it's the first thing I've thought " I can't believe I made that!!!" The pattern is Patty Young's Ava and the fabric is also hers.
The best part was putting it on an excited little girl- she has a Barbie/ wear pink themed birthday party tomorrow, so I think this will fit the bill!
So now for the good part =)....




Simply irresistable.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a talent, Stephanie! I'm officially inspired to learn how to smock :)

The Novaks said...

steph! i'm so impressed:)

Suzie said...

Awesome, Stephanie!!!! Those are all "sew" cute!! haha! I don't know how you have time to do all that with three little ones!!

Karlye said...

WOW! You doing a great job! I love the bibs! Do you sell them?!?! Also, the outfit you made HG looks alot like Matilda Jane! Very cute!!!~ I wish I could sew... do you give lessons!?

Jenny Beth said...

need help?? you are a natural... so proud of you... definately doing more sewing than i am these days. LOVE LOVE LOVE hannah grace in this!!! way to go girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

So proud of my girls... Momma

Michelle Myers said...

WOW!!!

Rachel said...

That dress is ridiculously adorable. As are the bibs. You should totally start an Etsy store!