Friday, October 22, 2010

Fallin' for Fall

 Yes sir, it happens every year, but you already knew that. I know its so incredibly corny but fall really does just make you feel more alive, doesn't it? I am trying to bask in what little taste of fall we are getting here in the south. We finally made it out for the annual pumpkin pickin' (well, cheater's pumpkin pickin', but at this point it works!) Next year I want to go to a real pumpkin patch and do the whole charade, but I'm a little unsure about how most of them you do a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch- I think with the asthma and allergies in this family we would have to pass on that really fun but breath inhibiting aspect of it!

We headed up to the farmers market/ nursery right by our house and just let the kids pick out what pumpkin they wanted while I annoyingly snapped as many pictures as they would remotely cooperate for. It seems that's part of the yearly tradition as well-- my insisting on getting pictures even when the kids are should we say, not really feelin' it. But you know, it's always worth it, I think- and how fun now that I can look back on three years of this little outing and have good memories and see how they change and grow each year. And I look forward to more years of it to come! (See Year 1 and Year 2 here and here). 

Disclaimer: If any one child ever has more pictures than the others it is in no way a factor of favoritism, rather just a combination of luck and whoever is cooperating most in the moment. Just so ya know =)



 This was my finest attempt at a pic of all three in the short time I had before this one was outta there...
  Later Gator!
 Excited about the very certain picks they had made for their personal pumpkins.




 You may think she is smiling in this picture, but I will tell you this was a high pitched grunt and squeal as she pushed, correction: shoved, the pumpkin away. You see it now, don't you =) I'll say it again-- she is F-I-E-S-T-Y!
 But oh so cute! L-O-V-E this pic (and my baby daddy =).
 Blowing kisses.

 Now that's a real smile! Love them!

Ugh, he's just so handsome to me-- I guess since he is a little clone of his daddy, I would think that =)
I love that I'm going to have a (semi)tall, dark, and handsome young man!






 I had to include this one- I thought it looked just like a face that my mom would make, that she passed down that I would make, that has obviously been passed down that Hannah would make.
 Hello, beautiful grown girl!


 A fave.
 Oh I get lost in all these eyes! 



 With daddy after loading up our purchase. Tried to get one of daddy and Bennett but he was throwing a fit. Ah, the joys...

 Our very thoughtfully picked family of pumpkins =)
 Had to try to get my last few in, do you think she had had enough?
 Ah, but it was not in vain, a wonderful way to close out the picture charade. 


Yes, I'm falling for fall, and falling for my three little pumpkins more and more every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO much fun... pumpkins are a hit? Enjoy the fall, I am. Love you all, Nina