We dreamed of ripping out counter tops and back splash and mentally redid my whole kitchen. After teasing myself, I am willing to accept it is not time for that just yet. =)
The color is a subtle light grey neutral. I like it a lot and plan to repaint all the other "neutrally" painted rooms in our house with it.
But for now, I am enjoying my morning coffee and toast with the yummy applebutter we got at an Amish bakery out in the boondocks on a girl's outing with some of my moms friends.
We were in fact, so far out in the boondocks we stopped for a $5 all you can eat lunch in an "antique store" on the side of the road. It serves lunch 3 days a week and the buffet that day consisted of fried okra, spaghetti, kraut and dogs, slaw, lima beans, creamed potatoes, and more smorgasbord. It was an experience and I felt so legitimately in the country while hearing everyone chatting with everyone else in the room and overhearing conversations about their goats and such. In the corner there was even a running post office, well marked with a card board sign. Mom grabbed a few pics on her phone.
Gotta love it. I told my mom only with her and her friends do I have experiences such as these. Usually, I don't get out much. =)
That was about all we got out for the week and I took no other pictures. My dad joined us for the weekend and Friday was Ryan's birthday. To celebrate we decided to eat out at J Alexanders, kids in tow. Wow, that place is less kid friendly than I remember it being. No kids menu, certainly no crayons, and styrofoam cups for the kiddOs that Bennett learned hard and fast- straws will puncture, creating a flowing fountain of milk. You'da thunk we walked in there with our heads screwed in backwards for the looks we were getting bringing in three (decently behaved) children. I felt it was slightly disastrous but could have been much worse. Haha, happy birthday to daddy! I hope you had a nice birthday none the less. You are my dream husband and daddy and we love you so much!
Today is my dad's birthday, so happy birthday shout out to him, thanks for driving all that way and giving up your wife for the week. We all enjoyed it!
I guess that's a wrap for this morning. Sadie has now been up for about an hour and a half without me changing her diaper from overnight. You could say it's well past time to jump back in to mommy mode! =)
This week is back to reality!



3 comments:
It was so much fun! I will remember all the little moments that are still stuck in my mind, too many to chat about! Thank you for having me. Love you all, Nina (Mom)
That does sound like a great country experience! :)
Stephanie,
I have a friend who is looking for the right neutral grey to paint her bedroom. What is the brand/color you used in your kitchen?
Post a Comment