Monday, May 9, 2011

Camera Dump

It's been a busy couple weeks... but the mundane kind of busy. I must be in a pretty big picture taking mode though (even for me, ha!) because it seems I've collected a decent amount of random, just around the house pics. So I thought I would unload all my this ands that pics I had on my camera since Easter. 
 I think Hannah was just striking me in this moment. Very focused on her work- she is my budding little artist and loves all things arts and craftsy. They say artistic genes skip a generation so I am thinking she may be the recipient of her Nina's artistic abilities!!



Sadie climbing up to scope it out... I think the mullet has reached maximum capacity- why can't I bring myself to do it?!?
This little cutie is another reason for the business. Remember Blake? Meet his baby brother. He has been with us a few days of the last couple weeks while his momma finishes up some work stuff. Six 4 and under is about as much as one person can handle I think! But it has been fun having him, and the kids sure do love him! He has quickly become part of the gang!
Banks has been walking like a mad man!!!
And this one let me put those beautiful curls of hers in pig tails! (Love Sadie in the shadow there, haha)

I think she has found a new favorite toy 'round here....


Hilarious. Maybe she will take after her sax playing grandma!
Love this serious little profile!

 Pretending...
And cousin to tuck her in with kisses!
Not sure where she thinks she's going, but she sure does think she is big stuff!


 With this handsome fella, we built a spidey plane and more...


 And I just love this.... from the looks of this boys happy face...
 you'd never guess what was going on if I were to zoom out...
I guess at least one of them was taking the fight in stride. I guess it would be wise to just get a second Swiffer and put them both to work. 
Partners in crime. Nothing like a post nap pop-sicle!

So the big kids always want to sleep in Bennett's bed together. We have gone down this road many a times and it never fails, Hannah Grace is back in her bed in 30 minutes or less. I actually think it's more of just a game and she really wants to sleep in her own bed. Well the other night we were shocked to find that they actually fell asleep. I couldn't pass up on a picture. Ryan was standing by ready to thwack me in the head if I woke them up.

Even with the flash we were good =) Go figure, this lasted until 3:30 am when Hannah Grace started hollering for us that she wanted to go back to her bed.
We had an awesome Mother's Day weekend. Ryan treated me like a queen all weekend long, and I am so thankful for him and the great husband that he is to me. He took me shopping at the antique mall for a new coffee table on Friday afternoon for my Mother's Day gift. He let me stay in bed Saturday morning and snuck out with the kids to bring me back breakfast. Then we headed off to the zoo, where we got unexpectedly rained on the whole time. Ah well, you win some you lose some.
We then had a low key Mother's Day and cooked out and played with water balloons. After dinner we had family movie night.


These kids sure do make being a mom the best (and often hardest=) job ever! I am so thankful for them and that I get to be there mom!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sure are growing again. Need to put a stop on them for awhile. I like the new trunk! Love all of you very much, Nina

Anonymous said...

H's top is cute with the bow! I like the new header!