Friday, May 27, 2011

Still Here

Howdy hi, we are still alive! The last couple weeks have been busy.... I guess... but maybe not. Maybe it's just been my mind that has been clouded and busy. Either way, I know it is time for a check in!

Today is the kids last day of school. I am trying to think of all the things I want to/ need to get done in my last few hours of them out of the house for a while. Somehow it seems there are just never enough hours of free time to accomplish the high expectations I can sometimes put on myself. I want to clean my house and demo it in the same day. It has been too long since my hubby has walked in the door to an orderly house, so I would love to have that done. Then again, today would be an ideal day to start ripping out our beloved turquoise back splash-- seems like that would be a bit counterproductive to my first goal, ha! A four hour day of preschool sometimes just isn't enough! 

We are all excited about summer. This is our last summer that we don't have the daunting thought of "real school" looming over our heads. After many hours of wrestling over it (for me atleast) we have decided to wait to send Hannah Grace to Kindergarten. This was against my first instinct, I think solely because I grew up the youngest in my class and didn't so much mind, but now I feel completely at peace with the decision. We didn't plan (per se) any of our kids, but man now I realize if I would have (as much as a person can, at least) I would  have tried to stay away from the month of September for that reason- it is a hard decision! And we get to make it with all three (woohoo!). So next year Hannah Grace will go to a three day a week "transition"/ "pre-K" class and wait one more year to head off to her full time job that will be Kindergarten! =) I am excited to have her here with me one more year. What's the rush, right? She has the next 13 years to go to school, why not enjoy one more year at home if we can?! And that is what we will do! We have what I think will be a pretty fun Memorial Day weekend ahead of us that will be a great way to kick off the summer!

As far as a house update. I know I said I would be posting pics of the new floors, which you very well may have noticed in some of the random pics anyway, but I have been holding off because nothing feels too complete as of now. But things are going to be moving along. We have set counter top plans into action and again, are going to be tearing out and replacing the ole' back splash that we have loathed since before we even moved into the house 3 1/2 years ago, and replacing it. It will be a few weeks but hopefully I can post pics when I feel it has all sort of come together, as much as it's going to for now at least =). 

And to not leave you with a picture-less post, a couple weekends ago, Hannah Grace went to a "garden tea party". Decked with all the frills- hats and pearls- as per instructed. She didn't have a hat and I was fine sending her without, but Grandma Sheila made an errand to make sure she fit the bill! =)

 We caught Sadie in the hat before church that Sunday. No surprise there.
  
Alright, I've reached the bottom of my coffee mug, now off to divide and conquer. Wish me luck!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hat. Grandma Sheila did good! So sweet to see her ready for her first "Southern Tea"! And Sadie you are a hoot! Love you, Nina

Brenda said...

The girls are adorable in their hats! :)

I was always the youngest in my class too, and it worked out okay for me!