Sunday, August 21, 2011

5?!? Can it Be?!?

(Daddy brought the birthday girl flowers and a balloon on her special day)

Our big girl is officially five years old and I think I am still in shock. Can we really have a five year old? 
I hate to make people think I have my children on pedestals, but for the sake of her birthday, I hope you will excuse me doting on her a bit. =)

Hannah Grace at five, you are a nurturer and a pleaser. You love to take care of every one and everything. Lately, you will have a doll/ animal you are taking care of for a couple day stint. You will dress, feed, carry with you everywhere, tuck into bed, and invest your days in the care of this lucky little toy. After a couple days you will tell me "Mommy, I have been working real hard for a long time to take care of my *fill in the blank*, and I think I am tired now." I guess you just feel right to let someone know you are handing in your temporary letter of resignation. ;-)

Nearly all our discipline issues with you come from your strong desire to please. You struggle with being reprimanded and your emotions tend to take over. I pray this is something you will learn to balance as a strength and a weakness. You are loving , giving and helpful, and it comes so easily to you. While, as we all have in our sinful nature, you have your selfish moments, I am always amazed at how selfless you can be at only 5 years old. 

You like to follow others lead and I see you being a great supporter and an encourager. I feel great about the decision to wait one more year to send you to school. While you are smart and mature, I am excited to see the confidence another year will give you before we send you off into that big world of Kindergarten =)

I love to watch your creativity. You love to color, dance, and sing... even if you are shy when you catch even us watching. One of my struggles as your mom is remembering to build you up in the right ways. God indeed created you as a very special girl, and I hope He helps us to always remember to point you to Him and to find your infinite worth and value in Christ. We are blessed that He has entrusted you to us. We love you, Happy Birthday big girl!

(We went to ice cream on Tuesday (her actual birthday) where she got her gifts from the family. We are having her 1st real birthday party this Saturday and we are very excited about that!)
Here's a couple pics from TCBY.
IMAG0050

IMAG0045

IMAG0034

IMAG0049
(pardon random boy in background =)

1 comment:

linda said...

Happy Birthday young lady... Five years old and what a beautiful angel you are. Your sweet spirit is aglow every time we are fortunate enough to be with you. You are an exact replica of your mother when she was a little girl. And we thank the Lord she is still just as sweet and caring, a wonderful blessing to all who know her and to those who will be blessed to know you as well. Our prayer is that you continue to stay strong within the love of Jesus arms and we know he will guide you in all you do... Happy Birthday "Little Peanut"