Actually, I have told people lately it seems like over the last couple weeks Sadie has made it her goal in life to drive her mom completely cuh-razy. After I spent some time arguing with her a couple weeks ago over her wanting me to say that a fish was a cat (when she knew full well what she was holding was not a cat), I said to Ryan "She is so my daughter, and it is not-gonna-work." (My parents used to say I needed to be a lawyer when I grew up- I never did get it. ;-) She's not showing bad behavior per se, she is just determined, strong willed, and stubborn. Which doesn't always work for a two year old and a momma trying to set boundaries. Sweet girl, but oh. my. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. ;-)
I didn't plan on putting all these stories in here, but what the heck. If you're not interested I don't blame you, but these are the things about my kids I want to remember.
The other night we were getting ready to head out of the house and leave the kids at the church's childcare. Sadie was ready to walk out the door with sunglasses on and her "snuggly" tucked under her arm. She had been wearing these big sparkly sunglasses all day, but now it was dark outside and we didn't want to the sitters to have to keep track of all her stuff. Here's how it went down:
Ryan: Sadie, you have to leave the glasses here.
Sadie "hmphs" in disdain and does nothing.
Me: Sadie, you have to pick one, your snuggly or your glasses, which do you want to take?
(a little compromise can be very helpful when used right, besides we know she is going to pick the beloved snuggly)
Sadie: throws blanket on floor
Me: "Really?" looking at Ryan in shock of her choice and how that didn't pan out like I had hoped.
Sadie: looks down at blanket and picks it back up and takes glasses off and sets on counter
Me: "That's what I thought..."(thinking I had won that battle)
Sadie: Looks at me, throws blanket back down on the floor and marches out the door empty handed- not glancing back for a second.
End. of. story.
I kind of felt as though she had just flipped us the bird.
Then there is her determination to wear whatever she wants, or not wear whatever she wants. Many-a-days she sports some pretty interesting outfit choices. After I have already gotten her dressed for the day, she often feels the need to spruce her outfit up a bit with extra articles of clothing. I think 95% of her spankings have been over her fight to not get dressed or to have to remove the second outfit she has plastered over her 1st. The other night Hannah Grace was in the tub. Sadie said she wanted to take a bath. My ever so reasonable response was "No, you just got out of the tub, it's Hannah's turn." I leave for a couple minutes while Hannah has some tub play time and I hear her holler for me. I return to find Sadie in the buff, sitting on the edge of the tub with her feet in the water and her jammies piled on the floor beside. She looked at me, grinned, and said "Sadie turn!"
Seriously?!?
So that is what the type of stuff I am talking about when I say the girl is going to make me plum nuts! That said... she is hilarious and endlessly entertaining. She has done the following a few times and calls it her "rainbow". Last night when she came out telling me to look at her rainbow I asked her if I could get some pics of it. She willingly obliged.
Sadie Jane, what are we going to do with you?
4 comments:
Haha! SO precious! I feel 'ya with everything. Wells is full of personality but very strong. We just have to figure out how to channel all that stubborness!! haha! Maybe it's the twos, too??!!
Hahah, I love the stories! That's exactly what we are going through with Judah, especially the clothes. He doesn't care so much after the battle has been fought, but getting him dressed is killer. And then he can turn around in an instant and be so dang cute! Just now he weaseled me into giving him another rice crispy treat. I seriously COULD NOT say no to the face he was giving me. :)
I love you Sadie Jane... brings back memories!
This whole post is hilarious. :)
Post a Comment