Thursday, October 9, 2008

An Update and a Snack Shot

So I bet you were beginning to think the whole "snack shot" thing was going to become a two hit wonder- well now it will be at least a three. This is an older picture but it's become a part of our night time routine on many nights. Sometimes we lay Bennett on a pillow to drink his bottle and Hannah Grace loves to lay next to him. She pulls a pillow down and will either attempt to squeeze in the small space between him and the coffee table, or even more laughable- try to move our 3 ton stone coffee table out of the way. With a little help we get them both comfy and they lay their next to each other with their drinks and watch some cartoons during some "wind down before bed" time.

This may be a slightly disappointing snack shot in all of it's neatness. Well here is the flaw to my plan- as much as I like to think I am just so laid back- maybe I'm not always as laid back as I like to let on. When the moment comes along that would make the perfect picture opportunity as far as the crazy messes with three kids- my instinct is never to go and get the camera. I always panic and get it cleaned up ASAP. Here is an example of the perfect missed opportunity the other day.
We are in the process of experimenting with potty training Hannah Grace (we haven't fully jumped ship just yet) and I am realizing that with the boys it might be a little challenging. When I asked her the other day if she wanted to sit on the potty and she told me yes (after crying "poopy!" several times) I took her in there, but realized I had to close the door because there was no way that she would be able to sit and stay focused with the boys back there getting into who knows what kind of trouble. As nervous as I was about this I knew I would be able to hear anything serious and figured I could trust them to stay out of trouble for a few minutes. Well after being in there for way to long and realizing the boys were being WAY too quiet (if you have toddlers you know what quiet means) I thought we've got to get out and see what they are up to. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised. They were both just standing by the end table next to the couch, looking at the TV. It wasn't until I walked over there that I saw what was keeping them quiet. A cereal bowl. A cereal bowl that WAS on the kitchen table 3/4 of the way full. One had the bowl up in their face licking it clean and the other had the spoon in firm grip. They both had cereal from head to toe, as well as my end table slathered with baby oatmeal. Then there was the trail of evidence they left when they managed to get the bowl off of the table, through the kitchen and into the living room. Of course instead basking in the moment and thinking to take a picture- I panic get both boys to the sink for a hose down and wipe up my table and floor. So I am beginning to think I won't ever get a full fledged action good messy snack shot. But if I do, I will be sure to post it on here.

Here are some more recent pictures I took last week.

My boy on top of the world- literally! He will climb on anything and everything possible!
Hannah joins him.
Here they are both trying to fit into the table- this thing is DEFINITELY not made for this kind of wear and tear!!!

And this sequence is Hannah Grace modeling for me- as beautiful as I think she is I'm not sure she has a future in the business ;)

Pouty face-
Not sure-
She loves to put that glove on- just one and she will wear it for hours. Strange.

So I am thinking the month of October will slow down a little bit after August and September (only to get crazy again during the holidays). Ryan is just busy with work and school- he is taking two classes this semester. I am same as always- and ready for some cool brisk weather!! Why won't fall just come on already! Bennett starts going next week to the doctor to receive a preventative shot for RSV. He was a candidate for this since he was hospitalized with RSV last winter and so now he will go every month for five months and get a very expensive shot (thank the Lord for great insurance!) that will hopefully prevent us from going through that whole ordeal again this winter! He has taken a couple of steps so we are thinking he will be walking- correction- running- fairly soon! Hannah is just getting more personality with each day. She is talking a lot and repeats just about anything you ask her to (unless you say something something like Superfradgilisticexpialidocious, then she will just give you her "you're crazy" stare but we are working on that;-) She loves to sing and her favorite songs are Jesus Loves Me, her ABCs, The Wheels on the Bus, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. She is a great little singer and always perfectly in tune!! Maybe that's normal but it always amazes me when I hear her singing and know exactly what she is singing with in the first couple notes.
Well, I hear Ryan trying to teach Hannah about not lying to him about being poopy in the other room, so I guess I will go and join in on the family fun, haha.
(By the way- I just popped in to check and Ryan is in the playroom with an empty block bucket over his head=) Oh the things we do as parents...

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

What a funny story about the little boys!! Thanks for the update. I do hope October proves to be a restful month!