Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Day



I told Ryan last night, the chances of us having another Christmas like this year- ever in our lifetime is slim to none. We had spent Christmas Eve night after church over at Ross and Lori's and if we would have listened to our gut feeling (based on Lori's level of discomfort) we would have opened gifts then!! We woke up around 7:00 on Christmas morning and about thirty minutes later Ryan's cell phone was ringing. I knew at that moment Bailey was coming! So basically from the start of the day our Christmas was turned upside down- in such a great way of course! I took off to go see Lori while she was in labor. When I came home we opened our few Christmas presents from us for our kids- this was the quietest and shortest =) part of our day. I then grabbed a bagel as Ryan headed up to the hospital. He gave me a call when they were going to start pushing and I packed my kids up and we headed off to the waiting room to meet our newest member of the family! After meeting her we took the kids to Ryan's parents for naps and I went home to straighten out my house since my parents were coming in town that night. We then had a fly through gift opening and Christmas dinner at the Braithwait's as we were all anxious to get back to see Bailey. Ryan went to the hospital one more time Christmas night while I stayed home to get the kids ready for bed and make sure we had things ready for my parents to come. Little did I know, another huge surprise was looming just around the corner...

No comments: