Sunday, December 21, 2008

This Weekend

Okay, so I am knocking these posts out tonight!!! I know 3 in one night!! But I don't want to get behind and I know that this week is going to get crazy!! We had a really fun weekend this weekend! We kicked it off Friday night with driving to a town that is an hour away, Brighton, TN, where a guy Ryan works with lives. In this little town they have a thing called Christmas City- that is literally set up like an entire city made of Christmas lights. You take a train through it and it was really pretty impressive and the kids LOVED it!!! A few families from Ryan's work went, and Hannah Grace bonded with one of the guys four year old daughter, Molly Ann. She let Hannah borrow one of her princess crowns (I think she so badly wanted Hannah Grace to understand the concept of dress up) and they wanted to sit by each other on the train. Bennett just took every bit of it in and was wide awake the whole time, until he finally crashed in the car ride home. It was such a fun thing to do with them and I am so glad we made the effort to go!!!

I am sad, I didn't take my camera though, so I have no pictures from that- I won't make the same mistake if we do it again next year!

Then Saturday morning, as I mentioned before, Hannah and I had a mother/daughter brunch at a friends house who lives just down the street. I have to admit it wasn't the greatest fun at first because Hannah decided to be very shy. I guess I don't really blame her- there were mostly girls that were a good bit older than her and that are used to playing together all the time, so I could see how it could be kind of intimidating, but she was clingy to say the least. After a while though, she found a couple little girls that were still two, just a little older two, and she really warmed up to them. It is always nice to get to see her interact with some other girls (older too) because she is used to boys littler than her all the time- it's not often she gets to play with the big girls!!! So it ended up being a lot of fun!! I had Ryan take a pic of us before we went...

She looked cute of course in her little Christmas dress. I joked tp Ryan later how it was a good thing I had a festive dress for her to wear b/c she would have been out of place- all those little girls were decked in their adorable Christmas outfits!!

I did get some pics of her playing at the brunch, but I think I will save them for Facebook. When I upload them I will put the link on here for any of you who might want to see them that aren't on Facebook!

Since my husband has long gone to bed, I guess I should follow- I'm sure this week will be filled with lots more to post about...

No comments: