Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dear Bennett...


I just laid you down to sleep in your crib. I rocked you tonight and sang and hummed Christmas hymns to you. You fell asleep in less than five minutes. I couldn't take my eyes off of you! I could have sat in that chair all night just staring at your sweet face. That perfect little nose and those perfect lips and cheeks, and the dark lines where your lashes brushed your faced- every mom knows that face and there is nothing like the sweet innocence of watching your child sleep. God really gives us as parents a taste of our own medicine- so sinful (as you displayed just hours earlier with your throwing your body into the kitchen cabinets for no reason fit) but so loved. I can't put into words how much we love you, Bennett. You are a special boy and we are so blessed that God has entrusted you to us. Staring at you sleeping in my arms tonight, I could definitely see how God made you in His image, always remember that and the responsibility that comes along with being a man made in His image. I just had to jot these thoughts down so that I will never forget the surreal feeling of holding your sleeping baby in your arms, I know it is fleeting and I don't want to take it for granted. We love you, Bennett!

(Sorry if this is weird to many of you who read this- again, the purpose of this blog is two-fold. 1-to update family and friends near and far of what's going on in our lives and 2- it is my way of journaling for my kids- so thanks for sticking with me through my sappy posts to them =)

(You can click on the picture to enlarge- the one on the right is Bennett working his dance moves!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo so sweet... first I was laughing at the load Bennet was carrying... thanks to Hannah and laughing so hard I was crying... then crying because of the love you have for him and for Hannah too....
I love you Stephy Lynn, you are truly a blessing to us and always will be... Each one of our children give us joys in different ways. And you have drawn out so much laughter and tears of joy with this blog. I only wish all the moms had the time to be able to save their thoughts and prayers as you have for your family.
We thank you, Mom and Dad