Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More Christmas Excitement




Christmas night my parents got here around nine o'clock. They had been her about five minutes and we were just chatting, when we heard a knock on the door! Confused, Ryan went to answer and I hear him say "No way!" Even after seeing them, it took a minute to register and I started screaming and crying! My sister Lori, and her family- husband, John and three kids- Tyler,15, Sidney, 6, and Ella, 4 had driven nine hours to completely surprise me. And I was SO surprised!! Isn't that the greatest feeling of having such a big and shocking surprise that you don't even in the slightest see coming!!! I think this may be only the second or third time that has happened in my life. Knowing how hard it is to take a trip like that with a working and busy family, with me being the only person in our family in Memphis, I never would have dreamed everyone would truck down here just for us!! This was the first time they had ever come to see me (other than right after Hannah was born and just my sister came with my mom). I loved every crazy fun second of having them here. I laid there in bed the first night just still in disbelief that there were 11 people sleeping in our little house. The kids had so much fun playing together- her kids love mine, and mine love hers. We didn't really get to go and do anything during their short stay here, but luckily the weather was really nice so the kids just played their hearts out. They had gotten a hotel one of the three nights they were here so the kids swim, and that night we ended up having about 15 of our old high school friends over to our house for a little get together- which as a side note was also so fun to get to see all them and catch up- it is amazing that we had a group of friends that we can still all get together and kind of pick up where we left off- I don't take them for granted!! Lori and John and the kids headed out on Sunday mid morning and my parents stayed until Monday lunch. As always, it was just so fun to have them here and enjoy their company. Things are finally slowing down now and even if it was one of the craziest weeks of my life, I loved every second and am so thankful for everything that happened and for ALL the loved ones I was privileged to be near for the holidays!! So that was our Christmas week in a nutshell and I hope yours was one filled with family and friends, food and fun, and the joy of the newborn King!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Myatt said...

Whew!! I am taking a deep breath for you after your last week. I'm glad, amidst the business, that it was a sweet time for you and your family. Happy New Year!