Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our Big 3 Year Old School Girl!!!

Let me start out by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH GRACE!!! Yep, it was three years ago tonight that this sweet little thing graced us with her presence and our lives haven't been the same since. We were in love from the moment we laid eyes on you, and it has been so fun and amazing to watch grow into the sweet little girl that you are just three short years later. We can already see some wonderful qualities in you- you are no stranger to kindness and you are the most caring little three year old I have ever known. You are always looking out for others and while it may be a process ;-) you are in the midst of becoming a very selfless and giving little girl. Three years ago today you made me a mom and I can't imagine my life as anything else. There isn't a day that goes by that we aren't thankful for you and the way God has blessed our lives through you. We can't wait to see what He has in store for you in the years to come. We love you and cherish you our big girl!!!!!

Other big news in Hannah's life is that she started preschool this week!!! (well "Kids Day Out" and it's only one day but, you know, baby steps =) I was so excited about Hannah going to school and knew she would just love it. She is going on Fridays and Thursday night I was getting her things together and some of her lunch ready and I may or may not have been able to hold back the tears =) It really hit me how fast she is growing up. I can't imagine what the 1st day of Kindergarten will be like! I was suddenly scared for her and nervous for her. It's not that I didn't trust the people I was leaving her with, but they just don't know her and how she ticks, were my thoughts. Then I reminded myself, this is why we are doing this- that it is good for her. She needs to be around people who care for her but maybe don't cater to her every little need like mommy tends to. Well, Friday morning she was excited and ready to go (we had been talking about it all week). When we dropped her off she was a little shy towards her new teachers but walked right in without looking back for us- I didn't even get a hug!!! We thought about her all day and couldn't wait to see how she did when we went to go pick her up. When we got there, she looked at me and just kept on doing what she was doing. Ha, I think she had a great time- I kept having to try to coax her that we had to go. And all the things I was worried about she did great with. She napped, didn't have any accidents, ate most her lunch, and behaved wonderfully (according to her teachers). I think she was probably pretty quiet most of the time, but hopefully she will break out of her shell a little bit here soon. We just got the biggest kick out of how she was acting when we were leaving. She was just so like "no big deal, yeah, I went to school, that's what I do" kind of demeanor. So we got a big step out of the way, and I am anxious for her to go back next week, as I know she is too! We passed her "school" on the way to church this morning and I pointed it out to her and she knew just what it was!

Here she is with her lunch box Uncle Ross and Aunt Lori got for her, ready for her big 1st day!


I still just can't believe it!




And of course some love from brother before they had their 1st real day of separation. Me and Bennett had fun too though, we met some church gals at the library for Kindermusik and then spent some time at the park, so he had a special day too! But he was really ready to go get his sister by the time 2:30 rolled around!
So today was a little more low key since we celebrated with Dora, but we did get to go to Red Robin with the family, where she got sung to, a balloon, and an ice cream Sunday. She also had a present from Gigi and a couple cards that she carried around the house reading most of the day, so she still had a special day on her real birthday. So we officially have a BIG GIRL on our hands, and while it's bittersweet I must say, having a "big girl" is a lot of fun!!!

1 comment:

Erica B said...

I hope Hannah had a great day on her birthday! And I absolutely LOVE the first day of school pictures! What a big girl!