Monday, September 28, 2009

It's Been One Week...

Already!! I can't believe it's already been an entire week since sweet Sadie was born! I know, a week is not a very long time, but when you are trying to savor every moment it is! This time has been very different. While it has been difficult and busy at many times, I really feel like this time around I am in no rush for anything. I just want to take in every second because I know all too well how fast this phase passes. She has been such a joy to have here and she definitely completes our family. It's funny how after having Bennett I could suddenly understand how your love is multiplied and not divided, so I knew to expect that, but I am just still once again amazed at how quickly you feel like you can't see your life without that sweet new little munchkin to love! I've got tons of pics to share from over the past week (are you surprised or what!=) So here is my documentary of what Sadie has been up to during her 1st week of life.

After making my stubborn grand entrance into this world, task number one was meeting some of my family--starting of course with my daddy. He was in love with me at first sight.
My aunt and uncle came to see me but couldn't bring in my cousin Bailey =( I did meet her later though- she's only nine months older than me and we are going to have so much fun together!



I loved meeting Grandma and Grandpa Braithwait and my brother and sister came to see me but in such a small room things were kind of crazy!
Grandma Nina has been at my home since I got here and has been helping take care of me and my mommy! I can't wait to meet Papa Marc and all my other aunts and uncles and cousins too!! (I hear I have lots of them!- In fact my cousin Ryan Charles was born a few days after me on my brothers birthday!!! I can't wait to play with him!)
I have spent most my time sleeping- growing this fast is surprisingly tiring!!! I always have a warm chest or open arms to sleep in around here! It's great and I'm getting spoiled rotten!

Mommy and daddy can't resist kissing my little face! I have definitely gotten my fair share of these kiss things in my 1st week and I'm afraid there are many more to come!! I'm not quite sure how I feel about them yet....

Not only have I mastered the angelic look, but it also took me no time to figure out the pouty face and it's mysterious powers...

Every once in a while I do decide to let my family see my eyes for at least a short while. There sure is a lot to take in around here!



I got my 1st bath at home and I am not too fond of those. You try being wet and exposed with 0% body fat!!!

Every one is always talking to me, I'm not sure what it is they are trying to say, but I'm sure it's important so I try to listen closely. Especially to my daddy, he's got lots of great stuff to say!
My big sister is pretty excited that I am finally here, I hear she has been waiting for me for a long time.
Both my big brother and sister are pretty interested in me and like to watch me and are always concerned if I cry. Other than that though, they have been pretty busy doing there own thing. It seems like some pretty crazy fun, hopefully someday I will join there posse.
They do lots of fun stuff together like read and craft with Nina. So even though a lot of mommy's attention right now is diverted to me, it seems like they are having it pretty good too!!!
Well that's about all I've done and learned here in this past week. Tomorrow mommy's says we have to go to the doctor and make sure all is well, I am sure she will keep you posted on how that goes! Most importantly after my 1st week of life I know I have a big family that loves me very much and is so happy I am here! Life is good.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

What beautiful pictures of your beautiful baby!! Not a surprise because your older two are such cuties as well! Congratulations!