Sadie and I had a pretty good trip out here yesterday. I was so relieved when we landed on the ground all in one piece. It is definitely stressful traveling with babies, and seeing that this is only my 2nd time on a plane with a child, I am certainly no pro. I have a feeling it was fairly obvious to people as I was always offered an abundance of help every where I go. It's funny how when you have a baby everyone talks to you and wants to help you. Whether it was out of pity or kindness, I guess I was thankful either way. "The Saders" was a real trooper. She did have a bad screaming spell on our second flight where she was inconsolable but hey, I guess I'll forgive her for the 15 bad minutes since she was good for the rest of the 5 and a half hours of air time. I usually run as a pretty scheduled person with my kids but on a plane with that many people close, if Sadie cried- a bottle Sadie got! So she arrived in Orange County a little extra fat and happy. =)
When I saw Olivia for the 1st time, I was amazed (as I knew I would be) at her teeny tiny size! Sadie came into this world bigger than Olivia is now at two months old. She is so sweet, beautiful, and just an angelic little thing.
We went for Mexican last night and to part of my SIL, Robyn's basketball game (they both coach at the school they both teach at, their just cute like that=) It was fun to see where they spend so much of their time. The two hour time difference, along with getting up super early to catch our flight took it's toll, so Sadie and I hit the hay early.
Today we went to Big Bear Mountain. It was a beautiful and terrifying drive up the mountain and we had an awesome lunch once we got there. Tonight we are grilling out and taking it easy. I am writing this while we wait for my dad and Ben to get back from returning our really nice, brand new rental car to the ariport after it wouldn't start for us at the top of the mountain today. They sent someone out to jumpstart it while we enjoyed lunch and left it running until we made the trip safely back down.
I jumped out of the car to snap this pic, but we didn't get the girls out for pictures. It was pretty cold. I did take some of them in the car though.
I believe tomorrow's agenda includes the beach. Wow, I mean really- snow covered mountains, and beautiful beach all within reach, no wonder this place is over populated, who wouldn't want to live in a place like this!












2 comments:
Wow! What a beautiful picture of the mountains! I hope you took a lot more... you won't see anything like that around here!
Sadie looks like a baby and not a newborn anymore!! She is so adorable! Great job for traveling with her on an airplane--I haven't made that feat yet!
Post a Comment