Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home and O.C. Part 2

I love going on trips, but one of my favorite parts of leaving is always getting to come home. Sadie and I got home last night after a long day of traveling and it felt so good to be reunited as a whole family again. It was a sweet homecoming as Ryan was waiting with the kids and a giant bouquet of roses as Sadie and I walked out from the airport gate. The kids were jumping up and down and screaming "mommy, mommy!!" from a distance. While I may have shown it differently, I was just as excited to see them and my hubby. He did such a great job taking care of them and the house while we were gone. Everything was spotless when we walked in the door- what a husband, right! This trip did me a lot of good. Today I feel so refreshed and like my patience and motivation level is twice what it was before I left. A little absence does make the heart grow fonder and a little break from heavy duty parenting and housework can do wonders!

So with that said, I of course have to document the rest of our visit in Orange County.


Saturday we hit up two beaches. First we strolled around Newport Beach for a little bit, which to me had a more quaint and local feel.


We then headed to Huntington Beach which seemed more like a tourist and surf destination. We walked the pier and the wind was brutally cold. In the pictures you can see us getting blown to pieces and Sadie about getting the breath knocked out of her. We made it about 3/4 of the way out and finally just turned around. We then browsed some of the shops and ate an early dinner at a place called BJ's that had awesome pizza. Robyn had another game in her tournament that night and Ben and I headed to it while my parents kept the babies and we went out with some of their friends they teach and coach with after the game.



Sunday was a low key day, we talked about going for another drive but opted out and decided to just spend time hanging out together and doing some things around their house. It gets tiring going places over and over with two babies in tow, so it was nice to have a down day too and rest up for the day of getting back home. We left for the O.C. airport arounnd 6:00 am yesterday morning and we walked through the door at around 8:00 pm last night. Needless to say, I was pooped. Sadie was a great traveller and I am so glad that we went. It was a lot of fun and so good to see Ben, Robyn, Olivia, and my parents. Maybe next time we go out we can all go as a family of five... oh, that would be an interesting trip- we will probably have to wait a few years on that one- but someday.

Bonding.
Until next time California, and Gus the dog... we will miss all of you!

Today is back to the grind, and the grind is good.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey Stephanie, I just checked in to see what you have been up to and it was so fun to see your pictures from your O.C. trip! How fun and you are so right, that Olivia is still smaller than any of my kids will ever be fresh out of the oven:). Both girls are so stinking cute!! You look wonderful too my dear...such a beautiful mommy:). Well, enjoy being back home. Just thought I would say hello! Oh, and your sewing projects on the earlier post are so fun...I'm inspired to get out my sewing machine again. Still new not super savy at it but it's fun! Take care all:)