Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Third Annual Visit to...

... the buckets of fun, wild and crazy, kid packed, hot day oasis, germ breeding ground extravaganza
 also known as... the spray park. It seems all of suburban Memphis and then some gather there on a daily basis through the summer. My favorite part is watching the water just draw the snot right out of every kids nose in the park and then wash it down to the water collecting around your feet. I really do think I looked about a foot from where I was sitting today with Sadie "in" the water and saw a giant dark green snot gob plastered on to the pavement. Mmm.
Okay, well, in all seriousness, I try to put that germophob hiding deep down inside me to rest for a couple hours to watch my kids have a ball. They bath of course instantly upon entering the house- but while we are there it is outta sight (or more likely in sight) outta mind. =)

You can read about our first trip here, and last year's trip here. This time Grandma Sheila, Aunt Lori, Bailey, Banks, and Lori's mom, Martha joined the fun. Well, to Bailey it was joining the "trying to make this fun but it ain't gonna happen" fun. Maybe the fourth annual trip will boast pictures of her splashing and spraying away. =)


HG immediately made herself a new friend she was pretty excited about for the rest of the day!
When we 1st got there it was pretty empty, by the time we left, not so much.
Happy to be there.


Typical Bennett fashion.
Perfect shot.
Getting a little chilly.
"I cooooold, mom!" (Why my 2 year old is insisting on calling me mom already, I don't know, but I don't love it.)
"Nope, not gonna do it"
But I will stand here and look stinkin' cute!
Snack break.
Love Sadie eyeing him.
Possibly my favorite pic from the day. Sadie loved sitting and splashing in the water also. I just didn't get any pics of her in it cause I was practically sitting in it with her.
Some grandma love to go around.
Banks woke up from his snooze
and got some momma love
and some grandma love.
Before hitting the road I got some great pics of Lori with her cute lil munchkins.
It was fun and I am already anxiously hoping to back again soon (as are the kids=), hopefully sometime when daddy can join us too (if you haven't noticed through this blog, he is a kid at heart too- just one of the many things I love about him!) I really do hope we make it more than just once this year, but this was definitely a good trip to kick us off!

Oh and just for good measure...

Sorry, just can't get enough of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so much fun, great pics, but TMI on the gobs of green! Nina

Anonymous said...

like the new pics on the heading, miss you all Nina and Papa

Rachel said...

Love it! I think a trip to the water park is definitely in order for us the next time we come to Memphis. Maybe we should schedule a meet-up? Also, went to your recipe site, and everything looks DELICIOUS. Going to be trying the heavenly potatoes soon, for sure.